Well, I was hoping for a relatively quiet weekend at home, with revival in the evenings...wishful thinking! Kaitlynn awoke Thurs. a.m. with a fever and sore throat. Since Ryan had the same thing the week previous, I didn't think too much about it. A heathcare worker I had run into at WalMart said they saw many cases just the same. Just a strain of the flu. By Friday afternoon, I noticed that her heart was beating unusually hard, and when I checked her pulse, it was running about 180-200...way too high. Friday night late, mom came and checked her over. She was at about 190 then. This had gone on for hours. We took her to ER at 1 a.m., and her pulse was 220. She had a high temp, so they gave her Tylenol, and got us into a room. They put her on the heart monitor (she wasn't fond of the "stickers" all over her chest), and started her IV (not the most fun I've ever had). After an oral swab (even more fun) they determined she has strep, and was dehydrated, although she had sweat, tears, urine, etc. We were admitted and had our room by about 7:30 a.m., and here we are, awaiting a visit from the Dr. to determine if and when we can get out of here. In the meantime, Greg has taken the boys home to enjoy the nice weather, and mama is on her way with "treats" for the sick little one. For all you lactating mothers who know the feeling, I was unable to nurse Allison from 1 a.m. until about 12 p.m. Pity party, please... :) I hope Kaitlynn gets well soon. I know there are a lot of children who have to face much worse, but she is desparately wanting home and her bed. She has always been paranoid of the doctor, dentist, or anyone else who carried sharp objects! This has not been a treat, that's for sure. And as for my never-ending string of hospital bills...
So long for now!
After a few hours in the bed, the crib looked a little more cozy.

Received one bear in the ER and another in Peds!

Happy to see daddy!
5 comments:
We hope she is feeling better. I really hate it when Isaiah sick because there not much you can do for them
We was in the ER with Isaiah thur night. Not fun at all
I am sorry Kaitlynn is sick and that you all had to endure a night in ER. btdt too many times.
When D was in last year for 5 days she liked the nurses so well she didn't want to go home. :) We got to know the nurses and docs perty well after the 4 (or was it 5?) admits to peds last year.
Prayers that Kaitlynn will be well and home very soon!
Holy Cow! Don't you just love it when our kids pull this stressful stuff on us. About 1 month ago, AJ did the same thing.. high temp w/ crazy heart rate. I had called the dr. and he said "don't give him anymore of the tylenol cold and cough... it dawned on me after we had talked that I might have well just been giving him meth- the way the 'cold/cough' part of the medicine affects a little body. I think the thing that is most interesting of the science of medicine is how going from age 5 to 6 opens up this whole new realm of tolerable drugs...?? why??? the body weight isn't that much of a change. he he Well, I hope you are all feeling better! We will pray for a speedy recovery and the good Lord to cover the hospital bills;-)
Love Ya, Melissa
Yikes! Hope you're all on the mend by now. :) Hopefully we'll get to see you at Pilgrim Camp this summer.
Sorry to see that your little one was sick. That is never fun and especially to have one in the hospital when there are others at home that need you too! Been there, done that! Thank God for grandparents :) Hope the next few weeks/months are uneventful (or should I say the rest of the year? loL!)
Post a Comment