Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Marmon Valley Farms...Pioneer Days...

Ryan and Evan's teacher is doing a pioneer theme in their classroom this month, and I love the display she has in the corner of the room. The kids are allowed to take turns reading books in the "buggy" when they are finished with their daily assignments. Kaitlynn absolutely loves it also, as it is just her size!



First day with mamaw after her return from Cayman. They were so happy to have her back home!

Allison absolutely adores her Papaw. She would take her daddy or papaw over me anytime, and I usually don't mind! Sometimes that break is much needed!

Not wanting me, just my camera...

Making candles...





The boys using real "cordless, pioneer power tools"! :) We split wood to make the bases for the candles that we made.



Attempting the tightrope...


Love to swing!





Ryan checking out some of the animals in the barn...

The coolest barn anywhere, with a straw maze in the upper level. Kaitlynn had fun throwing straw down on her mama...

Evan spotted a cute little kitty in the barn (ok, so I spotted her first, but had no intention of taking her home), and used his brown-eyed magic to get my consent for purchase :)...

Miss Sunshine is her name...

8 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Too cute! I can't wait to get home to meet Miss Sunshine. =) (among other reasons!!) Will Mamaw ever forgive you?? The kiddos are gonna have sooo much fun with her!

Verla said...

Way to go there Evan. He will learn how to get Mom and Dad to say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Just teasing Greg and Stephanie.

Constance said...

What a cute display. That is really neat. I loved all of the pictures. Allison looks adorable in her little outfit.

Greg & Stephanie said...

Haha! Valerie, I told Greg he should tease mom and tell her that the kitten is "mother-in-law repellant"! We'll probably have a whole zoo by the time it is over. I think Ryan is going to take one of Xavier's bunnies. He raises them, and they are beautiful.

Blair Bunch said...

Great Pics! Isn't it nice to be able to keep up even though we are far apart! Take Care! The kids are growing, and so cute!

Andrea said...

The boys remind me of how Eric was as a kid. He always loved animals!

Andrea said...

I wonder why my posting time is off by 3 hours...it's 520 am here???

My Life in Pictures said...

Awww!!!!! Tell Mark it reminds me of Rascal! Not sure if they ever forgave me for taking their favorite kitten. I loved him to death though.....love the girls hats! So cute!