Busy, busy, busy, is the only word to describe the days following my last post! I have tons of pics, but they are on my laptop at school, and I am at home. I hope to get them up on the weekend.
I did want to take the time to share this story with you:
Some of you know that I sell a product that is produced by a multi-level marketing company. The other day I was reading through some information about how to share the product. I don't spend a lot of time sharing it at this point, but I like to purchase it for myself and have a few dependable customers that help to cover the book costs. Anyway, the information gave different tips for sharing this company's products, and immediately I began to think about the parallels between witnessing to others about Jesus and sharing a product. It was amazing to me how simple it is, and how difficult we sometimes want to make it!
Then last night, we were over at Eric and Megan's house, where Greg is installing new windows. They haven't moved in yet, but the neighbor boy, Isaiah, always comes over whenever anyone is around. I had watched them in the backyard for awhile, and then I took the girls to the supermarket. The boys continued to play with Isaiah. After awhile, Greg went to check on them (it had suddenly become quiet), and saw them at the back of the yard, kneeling by the doghouse. He assumed they were playing.
A little while later, mom took the kids back to her house for a little while, and before they had been on the road long, Ryan and Evan began to share how they had led Isaiah to Jesus. They asked him if he was "saved" or a "Christian"...he had no idea of what either of those words meant or how to pray. They "explained Genesis" to him (according to Ryan), and told him about Adam and Eve's sin. He said that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. They told him to repeat a prayer after them, and he did. When they finished, Evan said, "Do you feel better?" Isaiah assured them that he did, and now they are going to bring him to Sunday School.
Today the kids have been out enjoying the sunshine. Another neighbor boy, Shane, has been over for most of the day, and the kids just came running in the house saying, "Shane got saved! Shane got saved!" They explained how they led him to Jesus and that we would need to be taking him to church with us on Sunday. A couple of minutes later, I heard them saying, "Shane, did you apologize to your dad? You need to tell him you got saved!" It will be interesting to see where this leads...
So, my question is this...why do we make it so difficult? I realize that adults may have a lot more "stuff" to work through than kids, but still...it's easy to share Someone who has made such a difference in our lives! Now...go light your world!
7 comments:
That is awesome!! I got all choked up when reading your blog. Why can't we realize that's how it's suppose to be!
It made me ask myself if I had influenced two to give their lives to Christ this week. That is convicting! What was interesting was how excited and anxious Ryan was to share the news with me.
Mom
Wow! What two amazing, energetic young men! They make me want to be more passionate about sharing Jesus with others.
That's so neat. What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing!!
Kids are so hungry for the Word!
Yea! for your little missionaries! That is so neat ... and puts us to shame at times, I'm afraid!
This is GREAT! Children don't seem to be afraid to testify or say anything for that matter, and it would put a lot of adults to shame! What GREAT KIDS! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment