Friday, August 14, 2009

TAKING PRIDE AGAIN!

I don't know your feelings on the matter, but I've been a little downhearted about the whole political scene lately. Not so much because the "other" party is running the show, but because the America that I know and love is being turned inside out at the will of a few idiots in Washington D.C. (you might find that disrespectful, but it's true).
For those who love all the government goodies, and would rather receive those tax-payer provided "gifts" than to get a job (or jobs - whatever it takes) and pay their own bills, none of this even matters. For the rest of us who want to be able to make our own choices, and take home our own paychecks (which actually assures future security and prosperity), we are sick.
This week, I have been amazed by average conservative Americans, who are showing up to speak their heart, and do their patriotic duty. I'm proud of them! They are well-spoken and knowledgeable of the subjects (as opposed to many of their senators and representatives).
If you have the opportunity to attend a Town Hall Mtg., I hope that you will be there and have the backbone to stand up for basic principles of freedom. Our founders were some of the most intelligent, sacrificial, and well-meaning men that ever lived. Unfortunately, most young Americans will never know or understand their greatness. Here is what Thomas Jefferson had to say:
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is
big enough to take away everything you have."
If you don't believe it, just wait and see.

1 comment:

tacomom said...

i agree w/all that you said-even or maybe especially-the idiot part =) and there isn't much to add to that quote is there?