Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Heartland Regional Student Convention 2010

Watch out for flying candy bars, beach balls, potato chip bags, and cracker packets during pre-rally!
Forecast as wet and rainy, Wednesday proved to be a beautiful, sunny day on the track! This was an answer to prayer, especially since Greg had to spend the entire day out there. I was so worried that a chilly rain would do him in!

One of my favorite things about Heartland convention is being able to reconnect with so many friends. Muncie, Anderson, Frankfort, Bluffton, Indianapolis, Linton, Akron, Plainfield, on and on...here Greg and Travis J. enjoy the sunshine on the track.

Is he kissing the baton?

Watching from the press box...


Boy, were these two ever a help! Thanks, Mom & Dad!

Pre-rally noisemakers. This year: Bam Bam's (if you're not acquainted, you're fortunate), whistles, and lips that make a dentist drill sound. Listen to 400 of those for 15 minutes, and you're sure to have nightmares. :)


Hangin' out.

BSU's "gum tree"...eeewww...


Randall after bball...


This is my favorite part of the BSU campus. The bell tower. This is a terrible pic, as I was driving and couldn't really do much better! As I passed the next building, the evening sun cast an awesome reflection over the tower. I missed it. Oh, well.


Those blessed noisemakers...

Let the fun begin!

Everybody wants a candy bar!


Greg getting ready to send it to the back row.

Pruis Hall fills up...

You won't find two people who are any more dedicated to Christian education and the cause of training young people for service than Dennis and Connie Joslin. I love to talk with them and listen to them speak because their passion just flows through their words. We are fortunate to have him as our A.C.E. Rep, and Student Convention Director!


Is Bro. J checking his watch??? We evidently knocked him off schedule just a bit!

Bro. Steve Ballinger challenged us in the nightly rallies. His first message sticks with me like glue..."For with God, all things are possible." Why is that one of the most often forgotten promises? Bro. B reminded us that we can do ANYTHING as long as God is working in and through us!


New this year was the "Daily Rewind", which was a daily video produced by Dave Roeser, an A.C.E. graduate (a.k.a. Superstar :) ) I will put up the link to the videos...they were hilarious, and so well done! On the last day, Dave asked some of our kids to do some "moves" for his camera...


Friday morning's championship volleyball game was awesome! Pilgrim Holiness Academy (Muncie) came back to win (thanks in part to 17 consecutive serves by Kayla Raines!). We had fun watching them play and celebrating their victory!

I love being with the love of my life! We share so many common interests, it's only natural for us to enjoy doing things like this together!

Lookin' fine...

The gang...ready for the awards ceremony and then the trip home!

My camera takes pathetic pictures. I couldn't get it to adjust to the lighting. Probably just the person behind the control. :)


Meeting of the minds?????



Here comes another candy bar!






Bible Bowl #3!!!!!!!!!!! Go girls!


We are proud of the students of Pilgrim Christian. They did an awesome job this year, and brought home a stack of medals. More importantly, they learned more about God's Word, and stretched their physical and mental abilities beyond what they thought was possible. Training leaders. That's what it's all about.

4 comments:

Angie D said...

Aw--would love to have seen your family there! We had planned to go over, but the week went crazy and it didn't happen. Any chance Pilgrim camp is here in Frankfort again this year?

Connie Hilligoss said...

Aw...your blog brought back sooo many memories. I was a music judge for lots of years....even back to when Phil Bishop did a piano solo!! Looks like it was a great convention.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the 2 days I got to be somewhere around there...even if 98% was in the motel room with the munchkins!!! So thankful for all that you and Greg did for the students.

Christianna Baker said...

Wow... It looks like you guys had a great time!! Sharree and Jen told me all about it! :) Btw, I absolutley lovelovelove the pic of the girls at the top of your blog. It's sooo cute!