Easter 2010 was a blessed day spent celebrating the Risen King! We skipped out on some of our "traditions". The kids did without baskets this year, and we didn't color eggs. I almost skipped the new clothes, but since it is spring and everybody needed something for spring, we went ahead. Next year maybe we'll just do new outfits for the first Sunday of spring instead of Easter...I suppose that would be ok! For some reason all the chaos on Easter Sunday morning makes me a wreck before I am even able to rejoice in the Resurrection! I know all of these "things" can be related to the Easter story, but it seems like every month there is a holiday which turns into a candy fest for the kids, or some unnecessary pressure to get gifts, etc.
The boys are growing up quickly...they just wanted polos for Easter this year. How easy is that!

On the other hand, Kaitlynn had to have a dress that would "twirl", so even though I knew at least 90% of the other girls would have a dress like this, we went ahead. Sure enough...I was right. Lots of coordination going on Easter Sunday! The kids thought it was cool to match, so I guess it's all good!
The boys with our neighbor, Jacob, who comes to church with us occasionally...


Egg hunt at mom and dads...I held Will the whole time, so I didn't get any pics. Megan snapped this one for me...check out the belly!

Allison has a very best friend. In observing children, it is one of the most interesting things I have ever seen. Austin and Allison aren't exactly typical. Austin is 3, and Alli is 28 mos. They will have the most interesting conversations you have ever heard. They do not leave each others' side after church. They either run around together, or they find a quiet corner to sit and talk...and they do talk, and talk, and talk! It's fun to watch the interpersonal skills blossom.

Is somebody shy???

We trust you had a wonderful Easter!
5 comments:
I love your Pictures!!!
Belated happy Easter to your family! I tried to keep it a bit less complicated around here this year too. It makes a huge difference!
:) Thanks for posting. The kiddos looked really cute. Our Easter wasn't typical. We sang in the church's musical thingie and came home to a houseful of flying ants. Needless to say our lunch plans changed drastically and we came in and changed clothes quickly and Adam tackled the task of getting rid of the ants. No fun family pictures or anything. We grilled and ate outside and then gave Aubrey the Easter basket that was given to her the week before at church and hid those eggs. She didn't know the difference and it saved us some money! Anyway, hope you all had a wonderful Easter. :)
Cute pics of your kids...enjoyed looking over your blog. I hope that all is well y'all's way!
Have a super IHC!
You're kids are adorable and growing up quickly. I loved the pictures of Ally and Austin - didn't know they were still the best of friends. It's so cute, though, and gave this Auntie a smile :)
Post a Comment