Ryan entered the sixth grade this year, and is checking in at about 5'3" in height and approx. 130 lbs. in weight. School uniforms make shopping fairly easy, but we were surprised to find that our "little" boy would be wearing an 18 husky in pants. Yikes! He will likely be taller than his momma by Christmas. Ryan is taking piano lessons this fall, and hopes to pick up trumpet part way through the school year. He is not doing sports this fall, but focusing on academics (to the best of our ability...haha) and music. It is difficult for us to believe that kiddo #1 is in his last year in the elementary classroom.
Evan has entered the fourth grade, and is getting taller by the minute, it seems! He is a couple of inches behind his brother (maybe not that much), but is built more slender so Ryan still has a little advantage when it comes to wrestling. :) Evan is also taking piano lessons, and hopes to pick up trumpet during the school year. He loves to play football with his friends, and also loves to draw. This is something we didn't realize until he brought home his notebooks from school at the end of last year. They were loaded with his artwork (as well as one picture of Miss America, which he had cut out of the newspaper...but I probably wasn't supposed to tell you that!)
Our biggest change this year was to have Kaitlynn starting first grade. Because I was her kindergarten teacher last year, I was able to spend all of my time with her just as before, only in a little different way. She also was off two days a week, so it was different. Now she is in class full time, and I'm not her teacher (that is a blessing in many ways...). She absolutely loves school, her class work, classroom, and teacher. Kaitlynn is taking violin lessons, spends her extra time playing Barbies, making up songs, and entertaining Allison.
5 comments:
I love the "Austin Burley" comment. They are just too cute! Hope the school year goes well. We are down to the final four weeks. I'm excited!
Our babies are growing up! It's been a good school year here also. God is good!
Loved the update! Alli just cracks me up. No wonder Aubrey always used to try to pull her hair. Who doesn't wanna have some fun with it?! haha
Love the update! What happened to our little babies? Allison is too cute and for sure a princess!! I can still remember you coming to grandma Yount's house for the first time with Ryan. I still get tickled thinking about it. Everyone gathered around to see the baby and completely ignored Greg and you. Greg started laughing and said "hey...we're here too"...haha...what a welcome to parenthood. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing all your family and especially you soon. :)
Aww! This gave me warm fuzzies inside. It's crazy how time flies. I think I am grasping that concept more and more the longer I am in college!
Post a Comment