Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lansing, MI Trip Part 3


Before our trip, I scouted the area online to make sure I would have enough to do.  You never want to get bored with four children depending on you to keep them entertained.  We found a nice little children's science museum type thingy (been to plenty of those in my day), and planned to visit, but when we awoke to such gorgeous temperatures and bright sunshine, we decided to avoid being indoors.  Lansing has an old town district, a river, fish ladder, etc., and that made for a couple of hours of fun.  Greg's meetings were finished a little earlier than expected, and so we left for home as soon as we could.  I've heard a lot about what a rough place Lansing is, but my overall perception of the place isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I always felt safe, and I did cover a decent portion of the city. 

Not sure whether this restaurant is closed permanently or
for the season.  It is really attractive.

It's amazing how smooth the water seems just before
it crashes over the dam.  Several object lessons to
be found in that example.  :-)

I had such a fun weekend exploring with the kids.  They were
patient with my constant use of navigation, and my little
blondie even asked, "Does that lady know how to get
everywhere?"  Oh, she brings us lots of laughs!

2 comments:

Constance said...

All of the pics look wonderful. Can't wait to see ya'll in a couple of weeks

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Oh, Kaitlynn! I can just hear her saying that. Lol! Although, I must say, it sounds like something her aunt would say. :)