Just got done reading over your blog, from the posts I had missed. Again, sorry about your Grandma, but Glad she is enjoying Heaven. We surely enjoyed seeing and reading all about the old church, the out-houses, the time at your Uncle and Aunt's house (and that picture above the toilet cracked me up =) and everything else. Neat that your Grandma gave the first dime to help buy the new church, and wrote out a check to pay the rest. Glad you had some family time in the midst of some sadness. As you probably read on my blog I was sitting at my computer writing a poem about my Grandmother who had just turned 90, and my family had sent out 200 invitations to have a surprise birthday party for her in just 6 days. I then said to myself, "This is CRAZY! WHY am I not going to her party? I just lost one grandma and only have one left, and I'd for sure rather see her alive than fly back for a funeral." So, God, my husband and our mission worked it out that I could go...and It was a blast!
You'd have to know my Grandmother! She is a riot and ORNERY as they come! She had no clue about this party until my Moma and Laura arrived on Monday and then they and my 2 aunts told her that they had planned a birthday bash for a week after her birthday! The next morning, she got up and laughingly told them that she was in bed and laughed when she thought how funny it would be if they woke up and she was dead...after they had gone to all this work to have a party for her. =) She's crazy!!
I'm SO Glad I got to go! It was like a dream come true!
Heather - I was so happy to see that you were able to go to Tenn for that special celebration! We definitely have to seize every special moment. My Grandma Yount and I shared a birthday last Monday, and because of my work I was unable to be with her. It's been a couple of years since we were able to celebrate together, and if we both live till next year, I'll be climbing over top of any obstacle to be with her. :-) Your grandma sure sounds ornery...mine was, too. That's one of the things I miss the most. But...I see it in my kids now and then. The genetics live on. :-)
4 comments:
Lol! I love it!
Cute pic of your girls! =)
Just got done reading over your blog, from the posts I had missed. Again, sorry about your Grandma, but Glad she is enjoying Heaven. We surely enjoyed seeing and reading all about the old church, the out-houses, the time at your Uncle and Aunt's house (and that picture above the toilet cracked me up =) and everything else.
Neat that your Grandma gave the first dime to help buy the new church, and wrote out a check to pay the rest.
Glad you had some family time in the midst of some sadness. As you probably read on my blog I was sitting at my computer writing a poem about my Grandmother who had just turned 90, and my family had sent out 200 invitations to have a surprise birthday party for her in just 6 days. I then said to myself, "This is CRAZY! WHY am I not going to her party? I just lost one grandma and only have one left, and I'd for sure rather see her alive than fly back for a funeral."
So, God, my husband and our mission worked it out that I could go...and It was a blast!
You'd have to know my Grandmother! She is a riot and ORNERY as they come! She had no clue about this party until my Moma and Laura arrived on Monday and then they and my 2 aunts told her that they had planned a birthday bash for a week after her birthday! The next morning, she got up and laughingly told them that she was in bed and laughed when she thought how funny it would be if they woke up and she was dead...after they had gone to all this work to have a party for her. =) She's crazy!!
I'm SO Glad I got to go! It was like a dream come true!
(((HUGS!)))
~Heather~
Heather - I was so happy to see that you were able to go to Tenn for that special celebration! We definitely have to seize every special moment. My Grandma Yount and I shared a birthday last Monday, and because of my work I was unable to be with her. It's been a couple of years since we were able to celebrate together, and if we both live till next year, I'll be climbing over top of any obstacle to be with her. :-)
Your grandma sure sounds ornery...mine was, too. That's one of the things I miss the most. But...I see it in my kids now and then. The genetics live on. :-)
Love yard sales!! :)
Post a Comment