Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Labor Day Visit in MI

This Labor Day, the Burley side of the family was able to all be together in Cedar Springs. The kids had so much fun spending a couple of days hanging out with their cousins, and Greg and I were able to relax and savor another beautiful summer weekend. We pulled the RV, which always makes it a little more nerve-wracking. As I predicted, we blew a tire on the way home. We have never had a "perfect" pull to MI with the RV. I think we're jinxed. :-)

A huge fire is pretty much a constant when we're all together.
Lots of cornhole
Hanging out with family (and looking forward to a great-nephew here soon!)
Wagon rides on grandpa's trailer
More fun with cousins
And cornhole...
Did I say cornhole?  ;-)
Spending time with our great-niece, Emma, who's totally adorable. 
That weekend was probably my first time to walk extensively on uneven ground, so I didn't move around much. Seems like every time there was a good photo opportunity, my camera was not in reach. Oh well...we have the memories. :-) Ryan was thrilled that a new fireworks store had come into town, and I was amazed (and a little dismayed) by how much $17 could buy! He will definitely be responsible for any grey hair that I acquire...hehe. 

We are thankful for good weather, a safe trip, and a wonderful time with family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a good time had by all. the children are growing so fast.
and yes,know the feeling with fireworks!!!!!!!! love auntdonna