Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Finally...SNOW!!!!

After mentally firing all our local weather reporters because of their inability to accurately predict the forecast, we finally have some of the stuff for which teachers live ~ snow! Some of you are cracking up because three inches has me excited. Bear with me here, we're taking what we can get! Things have been busy this past week, leaving me little time to post. I have been studying, cooking, teaching, and mothering, and that's about all I can squeeze in! Greg fixed our electric garage door opener last week. Kudos to Sears for taking 2.5 weeks to mail a quarter-sized part. I never realized what a blessing my electric opener is 'til now. Boy, are we spoiled!
Evan turns six today, so I had a little party for him at school yesterday since we only have kindergarten every other day. The kids had fun with the cake (primitive though it was) and the games. Their favorite was indoor volleyball with balloons.
I went up to the hospital to see Grandma this morning. She is doing so much better, and is ready to come home. They may be discharging her this week. Kaitlynn and I had fun tidying up her room, combing her hair, and making her comfy. Kaitlynn loves to rub lotion on Granny's feet and legs. She can often be heard saying, "Don't fall, Granny!" or "Are you ok, Granny?" This morning her favorite line was, "You're funny, Granny!"
Ryan informed me last week that he is going into multiplication and cursive writing. I hardly feel like I should have a child old enough to be doing these things, but time moves on. Evan was reading a book to me last night, and was so proud of himself. He will finish the Learning to Read program this week. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly children learn. It seems hard to believe that our national education system could be so broken, given the amount of $ spent and the caring teachers that are giving their best. Makes you wonder...
Well, I'm off to bake another cake and tidy the house. Grandma and Grandpa Burley are coming to help Evan celebrate his birthday. Until next time...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Evan!