Monday, June 11, 2007

Nothing New :)

In an effort to be dedicated to my blog, I am going to post without really having anything about which to post. Hmmm. The boys are working on day 10 in Michigan, and I actually started missing them about day 8! Don't get me wrong, they are the lights of my life. A break is very nice though! Greg's parents are bringing them back tomorrow. Our usual plan is to meet somewhere about halfway, but they want to see Greg play softball tomorrow night, so they are making the trek.
I'm working at another Dr.'s office this week. This one is brand new, only open about two and a half weeks. Dr. Oh is a orthopedic surgeon, and seems like a nice person. My only problem so far is that I keep wanting to call him Dr. Ho (the "e" intentionally left off of the word!). He may not seem so nice if he hears me refer to him that way! Fortunately, the few times I had to answer the phone, I was able to say, "Advanced Orthopedics of Ohio, this is Stephanie..."
I found that Dr. Oh shares one pet peeve with me...people using cell phones for loud or rude conversations in public places. In fact, he informed the receptionist this evening that she was to place signs in conspicuous places throughout the office demanding that cell phones be turned off. He said if anyone violates the policy, he will make them reschedule their appointment! His exact words, "Why would anyone want to pay big money to sit in my office and talk on their cell phone?" He has actually walked into patient rooms and had to stand and wait for them to end their conversations! Way to go, Dr. It's about time someone gets mad about the ignorance of cell phone users! I was in Captain D's the other day when a middle-aged male, who was dining with his wife (or significant other) took a phone call from what was evidently an old friend. The guy was sitting two booths away from us, but proceeded to yell his whole conversation into the phone. The entire restaurant was privileged to listen to him tell his friend about a contraption that (I'm not kidding) cleans your nose with one tool, and your ears with another. He went on to tell how great it works, and how often he uses it! Anyway, if you share my annoyance...tell me about it! I'd love to hear your story!
Oh, as an afterthought, I think each church needs to have a small group that teaches cell phone basics - namely how to silence a ringer before trekking all the way out the back door with the phone!

4 comments:

Rob and Deanna said...

I absolutely agree with you on the cell phone! I get so aggravated when people are being waited on in a store & won't be courteous enough to get off the phone. Church is a place to be reverent & worship God, not be so important that people have to talk to us RIGHT NOW! Texting during church is the epitome of rudeness to me. O.K. I'll get off MY soapbox now. :-)

Constance said...

Your story was absolutly funny. I do agree with you. See you next week.

Nancy said...

Amen, Stephanie. I refuse to answer the phone in a store or any other place of business. My only exception is Chris...I will answer him long enough to explain where I am and that I will call him right back. The two things that irk me the most, are cell phones going off in church...(ringers can be turned off....seemingly people aren't aware of this feature) and seeing a couple sitting together in a restaurant, where one is engaged in a cell phone conversation. I always feel sorry for the other person across the table waiting on them to hang up the phone. Very tacky to do on a date....married or not!!! Ok. I feel much better now. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get that off my chest. I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight! LOL!

Angie D said...

We've had people answer their cell phone at the top of their lungs while halfway up the centre aisle of our church. I've also waited on customers at Gymboree who talked all the way through their transaction. I have to communicate with them by pointing and gesturing. And then there's the ones screaming obscenities into one of those little earpieces that you can't see--it looks like they're schizophrenic!