I didn't go to my parents for lunch today due to this head cold, but Greg and the kids went and were able to talk to Valerie via the web cam. Val and Adam purchased one for us and my parents, but I haven't had a chance to get ours running yet. Anyway, Valerie is very nervous as you can imagine. Although their church is a hurricane shelter, Adam says they'll probably just stay at home...we'll see if that holds...I'd be in the church! :) I think their electric and water are going to be cut off at some point today as a precaution. I found a link that has info if you are interested...
http://www.caymannetnews.com/index.php
5 comments:
I will be praying. My sister (Ruth Jackson) and her family moved to Hobe Sound last summer. I believe either the end of August or the begining of September there was a chance of a Hurricane hitting their area. Thank the Lord it did not, they of course had lots of rain. But I know what it can be like knowing your family is in the area of a possible hurricane. I found a place on line that I could watch the radar and stuff. That part was kinda neat (<:
Well, again I will be praying for all those in the path. Becky Gerard
Hey! I saw Ruth and her husband at Sis. States viewing a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it does make a difference when you have family involved! My brother, Eric, went to Hobe Sound a few years back and was there during 2 hurricanes, although they weren't as bad. I'm thankful to be very far from the ocean!
Stephanie, I have been thinking of them and praying for them. I have a very dear friend whose husband is from there and they have family there also. Thanks for keeping us informed about them!!
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! SC is close enough for me!
I totally forgot they were in Cayman. I know it must be very nerve racking for them since they have not been through it before. I know how scared I was the first time,and now although it's old hat when it does happen it can still be a little nerve racking not knowing what the outcome can be. They have a mind of their own. We will be praying for their safety.
Post a Comment