I don't know that anyone specifically cares to read about the events of my life, especially when pictures are non-existent, but I don't know that I'll get much time to post next week. So, if you care, here it goes!
I took Ryan to the Dr. Thursday because he has some swollen lymph glands in his neck. She confirmed that there are knotty areas in 4 places, mostly the neck and throat area...please, I still don't need horror stories! She figured it was from allergies, etc. that he has battled with this summer, and placed him on a 10-day antibiotic. If the knots aren't going down following the antibiotic, we are to take him for blood work. He has had no lack of energy or appetite, so I am trusting that it is just an infection. I tend to really worry about these kinds of things, so prayers are appreciated!
Thursday evening we went out to a private campground with my parents, grandmother, and Adam and Valerie. We had a cookout and the kids were able to swim in the in ground pool for a few hours. They always love that!
On Friday we went for our 2nd ultrasound. The whole family wanted to go even though we weren't finding out the sex, so we pretty much filled up the little room! When they were applying the lubricant to my abdomen, Evan asked what they were putting on me. Greg told him it was jelly, and Kaitlynn said, "Jelly?!" Ryan said, "It's not sandwich jelly, Kaitlynn." The kids loved seeing it, and once when the tech did a double screen Kaitlynn said, "It's twins!" After the ultrasound was finished, Greg took the kids out in the hallway. Kaitlynn, in a very serious, wide-eyed manner said, "What are they going to do to our Mommy?" Boy, she's gonna love it when I go in for the C-section! Anyway, the baby is approx. 1lb. 8oz. and is in the 38th percentile for weight. The doctor said it would probably end up in the 6lb. range, which is normal for me. Baby was doing somersaults during the ultrasound, and seemed to be very active...hmmm...a busy next few years!
After my appointment, Greg and I left for a tiny anniversary getaway...yes, it was tiny. All the way to Findlay! Greg delivers to a hotel in Bluffton, OH, and the manager told him he could get a king suite w/hot tub for about half price whenever he would like. We went to Outback for a fantastic steak dinner, then to the mall where we found some incredible deals. At about 11p.m. Greg headed out for milkshakes while I visited all of your lovely blogs from the comfort of my big bed (believe it or not, we still only have a queen at home!). This morning we slept in late, then headed back to Lima for lunch at Skyline. Around 4:30, we went by mom and dad's to pick up the kids, then decided it would be a good night to head to Delphos to The Creamery for some of that sinful Black Raspberry Fudge Chunk Swirl (or something like that!). It was kind of a last outing with Valerie before she leaves for Cayman. Mom and Dad are taking she and Adam up to Detroit tomorrow evening, where they will fly out early Monday morning. We will not see them until Christmas, so that is going to be a little different for my kids. Kids adjust fast, so it probably won't be terrible for them, it just seems that way now!
Monday will find me back in the classroom, but it definitely won't be what I'm used to! I'm a fill-in in the adult ed. dept., so I will be more nervous about them not being kids. Fortunately it is the 1st day of their class, so we will spend most of our time on standardized tests, filling out forms, etc. Monday night begins our VBS at church. The kids love this every year, and I'm sure this year will be no exception. I am going to attempt to paint my living room this week, while finishing up my last week of the current class, Group Process. By the way, has anyone seen the movie "12 Angry Men"? I have to watch it next week (the 1957 version) and am curious about it. There are remakes, but we are required to watch the "oldie"!
To end this document, I don't believe I have posted that Eric and Megan are moving to Chicago in October. They were up here last week to spend a few days, and we had a good time. It will be nice having them a little closer to home, although the excuse to go to Gatlinburg has been great, as well!
Since it is 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, and Sunday School is coming quickly, I need to end the rambling. I hope you all have a wonderful Lord's Day!
5 comments:
Steph you are one of the busiest people I know. Your ability to multitask must be amazing. :-)
Sounds like a busy week, but very fun. Hope to see you guys soon.
You can post a "document" any time. After all, it is your blog -and we enjoy reading what is going on in your busy life!
Hopefully the munchkin's medicine has done the trick by now. :)
Love the ultrasound reactions! :-)
Post a Comment