Friday, September 28, 2007

I've Been Tagged (at least twice now!)

I was trying to ignore the whole "tagging" thing, thinking that there isn't really anything about me that is new or interesting. Since having a blog, I feel that my whole life is an open book anyway! But, since taggers these days are relentless :), I am going to try to think up 7 items to share:

1. I have never been on a plane or helicopter - yes, you read correctly. If all goes well and my husband doesn't inject me with something and drag me on one, I will go to my grave without that experience!

2. I do not gain weight during pregnancy. Usually I end up lighter at 39 weeks than when I started. Deliver the baby and all that comes with it, and I have a 15 lb. advantage over my pre-pregnancy weight. Not sure why I haven't taken the opportunity to lose more at that point...maybe stress, no sleep, everything that comes with a newborn...oh, I'm getting excited just talking about it...

3. I experienced a miscarriage the month Evan turned one. We could have had three children under three. Wow!

4. I had a huge crush on my husband three years before we started dating. The feelings weren't mutual at the time :)!

5. I have lived in the same town (except for college) since 9 months of age...a huge accomplishment for a PK!

6. I hate housework. Label me a feminist, lazy mamma, or whatever you want! I do it only to retain my sanity. If I didn't have children at home, I would probably work while Greg is at work, then I would have the money to hire a maid!

7. My "career" life has included waitressing (Ponderosa at 16 years of age), caregiving for elderly (senior in H.S. through senior in College), medical records for nursing agency (College), teaching Christian Ed.(1998-present), and support staff for Adult Ed. Nurse Aide Training Program (2005-present). My best and most fulfilling role is that of wife and mommy. Life is so wonderful, and God is so good. I have definitely found happiness and joy!

2 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

Hey cous.. I HATE flying. I get queasy everytime we fly to Ray's parents. Until this summer.... we drove for this "special" family vacation since Ray loves to drive. I told him I would go if he would drive the whole way (1700 miles one-way). Well, sure enough half way home he got a migrane and I had to drive from mid Wyoming all the way home!ARG!!! Needless to say, we are going to fly from now on! ha ha ha Love Melissa

Nancy said...

I'm completely with you on #6. I HATE housework...but love anything to do with the kids. My kids are the reason I stay home as well. If I didn't have them, I'd hire some help as well. I enjoyed working before I have children and I often resent my housework because it takes time away that I could be spending with them.