Wow - I'm short!
They're hoping you can't see them...
Happy couple!
Valerie, Meg, and I
I love my niece!
I don't think she likes this!
My dear brother and his beautiful daughter
Aunt Valerie and "her girls"
Picture of innocence
My favorite Christmas gift...
Kaitlynn and Olivia
Uncle Adam helps Ryan prepare his weapons
Olivia in her new Dora chair
From Dad...To Mom - a nice slim box that says "HP"...now she can join the "couch clan"...she'll probably have her own blog next!
More Thomas for Evan
His 1st Carharrt!
Wow - real tools!
A Dora watch!
Livvy enjoyed Christmas this year
Something must be interesting!
Livvy gestures to Uncle Greg at the table
Awww...
Crazy boys!
One of my sweet girls!
Dad getting the table ready for another delicious meal...we finally talked mom into using paper products to save some time!
Livvy loves to play in the key of G...
Setting up Evan's Thomas set in the basement
Mom relaxes with Allison
Adam relaxing with a book
Megan can usually be found in the kitchen cooking up something yummy!
Valerie loves to play the piano...especially in the key of G! LOL!
Eric wrestles with Kaitlynn and Olivia
The Nichols' Christmas celebration began on December 20th, as Eric, Meg, and Livvy rolled into town. We had our school Christmas party on the 21st, and the kids faces brightened as Santa (aka Principal Nichols) made a surprise appearance! Friday evening was our Christmas celebration. Our children made a haul, as is usual this time of year, and were pleased beyond measure with their gifts. I officially became a homemaker, receiving my 1st Kitchen Aid! I know...most of you have had one for years, but I always said I didn't need one. Cooking is not my thing, and receiving a Kitchen Aid for Christmas had always struck me about the same as receiving vaccum cleaner bags...until this year. I realized that, with having two boys who are already eating like men, I had better start enjoying the kitchen. Now anything which makes cooking easier makes an awesome gift!
One highlight of the weekend was being able to sing with my brother and sister. Valerie, Adam, Greg, and I have done some mixed quartet stuff for the fun of it, but I love to sing trio. Valerie, Eric, and I used to sing together when we were all at home, but I don't think we have done it since. On Sunday night we had fun practicing for a few minutes, and did a rendition of "Who Is He In Yonder Stall?" That is one of my favorite Christmas hymns, and it was awesome to be able to sing with such talented people. :)
We had a wonderful weekend together at mom and dad's place laughing, talking, drinking coffee, shopping, cooking...you name it. Thanks, mom and dad, for making this Christmas a special one for our families!
No comments:
Post a Comment