We were privileged to attend the NHA indoor camp Friday night in Greenfield, IN. Greg and I had wanted to go, but really didn't treasure the idea of dragging all four kids 150 miles after a long day at school and then having them sit in a 2 hr. service. We opted for a sitter for the boys, and mom, dad, the girls, and us headed for Indiana. It was fun to see people from so many church affiliations and geographical locations. We were able to visit with old friends for a few minutes. Bro. Leonard Sankey preached a necessary and timely message that evening. After a great time at Steak N Shake, we headed for the Fairfield Inn at Noblesville. Dad had a PHC Council meeting at UBC Saturday morning, so the rest of us (except for Greg) slept in and enjoyed the relaxation. After a little shopping, we dropped by UBC to get dad. Jerry and Becky Glick invited us for a "5-minute" visit *LOL*, then we hit the Noblesville Lions Club for the 70th birthday celebration for Roger Russell. Roger's dad was my dad's pastor during all of my dad's growing up years.I enjoyed listening to Bro. Southerland, Bro. Russell, Bro. Gary Fish, and Bro. Joe Watkins tell stories from their days at Frankfort Pilgrim College. The party, given by Bro. Russell's family, was decorated safari-style. He had previously been a missionary to Africa, and we enjoyed seeing the powerpoint with many pictures from those days. One highlight for dad was seeing Steve Russell, Roger's brother. He was my dad's best friend all during childhood. I have heard countless stories of the fun and mischief these two encountered! After the party we hit Castleton Mall, and my dad was finally able to purchase his Christmas gift, a new box guitar. Logan's Steakhouse was our last stop. I hadn't ever been to Logan's, but now rate it as one of my favorites. I think we packed our 30-hr. trip as full as we could, and the boys enjoyed their weekend "away" from us. Thanks Steve, Cathy, Ashley, Nathan, and Jennifer for entertaining them! They had a blast!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Fun Times...
We were privileged to attend the NHA indoor camp Friday night in Greenfield, IN. Greg and I had wanted to go, but really didn't treasure the idea of dragging all four kids 150 miles after a long day at school and then having them sit in a 2 hr. service. We opted for a sitter for the boys, and mom, dad, the girls, and us headed for Indiana. It was fun to see people from so many church affiliations and geographical locations. We were able to visit with old friends for a few minutes. Bro. Leonard Sankey preached a necessary and timely message that evening. After a great time at Steak N Shake, we headed for the Fairfield Inn at Noblesville. Dad had a PHC Council meeting at UBC Saturday morning, so the rest of us (except for Greg) slept in and enjoyed the relaxation. After a little shopping, we dropped by UBC to get dad. Jerry and Becky Glick invited us for a "5-minute" visit *LOL*, then we hit the Noblesville Lions Club for the 70th birthday celebration for Roger Russell. Roger's dad was my dad's pastor during all of my dad's growing up years.I enjoyed listening to Bro. Southerland, Bro. Russell, Bro. Gary Fish, and Bro. Joe Watkins tell stories from their days at Frankfort Pilgrim College. The party, given by Bro. Russell's family, was decorated safari-style. He had previously been a missionary to Africa, and we enjoyed seeing the powerpoint with many pictures from those days. One highlight for dad was seeing Steve Russell, Roger's brother. He was my dad's best friend all during childhood. I have heard countless stories of the fun and mischief these two encountered! After the party we hit Castleton Mall, and my dad was finally able to purchase his Christmas gift, a new box guitar. Logan's Steakhouse was our last stop. I hadn't ever been to Logan's, but now rate it as one of my favorites. I think we packed our 30-hr. trip as full as we could, and the boys enjoyed their weekend "away" from us. Thanks Steve, Cathy, Ashley, Nathan, and Jennifer for entertaining them! They had a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was good to see you at the party. You got some good pictures. Do you care if I steal a few of them? I was so busy that day that I did not get very many pictures. I did get a few of Chris and Kaitlynn. They seemed to have fun together.
patty...yes! Take what you can use. I would love to have a good one of Chris and Kaitlynn. They were having so much fun! After we went to the mall Kaitlynn said, "When are we going back to the party?" She wouldn't let it rest! It was good to be with your family again, although for a short period of time. Take care!
Post a Comment