Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Two of Greg's girls...


Ignoring the copier salesmen who were in the office at the time, we presented mom her "Singing Valentine".





What happens behind the balloon stays behind the balloon!

A few more of our "Singing Valentine" recipients...





Kaitlynn and good friend Arianna...

Some of my students making valentine cards for the fundraiser...

Getting ready to enjoy the valentine party...

After running all over town (and abroad) delivering "Singing Valentines" with my students, I am ready to relax for awhile! Compliments of my parents, who have generously offered to babysit 4 kids, Greg and I will be heading to Olive Garden following Good News Club. Yeah!
Hope all of my blog friends have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Looks like the fundraiser was a great success! Be sure mom writes a check for mine...

I love the picture of you and your kiddos...Allison's face cracks me up!!

Constance said...

What a great idea for a fundraiser. It looks like it was a blast. Glad you had a great Valentine's Day! See you!

tacomom said...

I would love more details on this fundraiser! Always looking for good ideas for our missions one which is right around Valentine's Day. I think my girls could do this :)

Greg & Stephanie said...

This fundraiser can be as simple or complex as you wish to make it. Since I was inspired only 5 days before Valentine's Day, we didn't have much time to be creative. I was able to get great looking roses and mylar balloons at the Dollar Tree (a buck a piece), and one of our families made a simple fudge recipe. We put nine pieces of fudge on a small styrofoam plate, and placed it in a valentine plastic bag. The kids sang a variety of tunes such as "LOVE", "You Are My Sunshine", etc. It was cute, and a fun way to raise money. Our recipients absolutely loved it. There were tears, laughter, and just a general enjoyment.