Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend...

Easter 2008 was a little different for us. Mom and Dad were in Cayman, Greg's parents were in Hobe Sound, and our nearest siblings were at least 4 hours drive. We decided to head to Cincy to have Easter at Grandma Yount's house, which is always a good thing! She often comes to Lima on the holidays, but not wanting her to have to experience my cookin' (j/k)...
We arrived at Grandma's house around 8 Friday night, and you guessed it...we were met with roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, turnip greens, and the list goes on. It was yet another incredible meal at her house. We wrapped up the evening drinking coffee and eating cake with Uncle Joe and Aunt Carol, who very recently became grandparents again, and had spent a large amount of the day at Christ Hospital. Saturday morning it was biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, coffee cake, and a fresh fruit tray with apples, bananas, strawberries, and oranges. This one's for you, dad!
Grandma graciously watched the oldest 3 while Greg, Allison, and I went to visit Charley Kennedy. What a cutie! We had fun visiting, and Uncle Joe even brought us some Germantown Pizza.
I had some schoolwork due on Saturday, so Allison and I spent a couple of hours using WiFi and "studying" at Panera Bread (not to mention the Mocha Swirl Bagel w/Hazelnut Spread). She was a good little girl, and I was able to get some things done.
Saturday evening we went to Germantown for dinner. The kids had their usual Grilled Cheese Platter, and Greg and I went for hoagies. While there we were able to visit with Craig for a few minutes. He ate oranges while we ate french fries. :) Guess he was preparing to leave for Hawaii about 36 hours later.
Easter morning was great at Kenwood. Kristen Foster directed the ensemble in the 2nd half of their Easter presentation. We were able to see lots of "old" friends (Averys, Marshalls, Fosters, Lambeths, Fredericks, Davisons, Richard and Mary Raines, Durrs, etc.) and a few new faces, as well.
Easter dinner was wonderful, with the fellowship of Jonathon, Joe, Carol, and Grandma, and Aaron, Sarah, and Charley came along just after they were discharged from the hospital! I think Sarah was pushing it a little, but it was great to spend some time with them. Everyone enjoyed Grandma's Honeybaked Ham...mmmm!
After a busy visit, we headed home to be in the Sunday evening service in Lima.
Now, Valerie, you have the rundown...and the pictures! :)
Grandma Carol Brown

Aaron, Sarah, and Charley



Grandpa Joe

Baby Charley





Waiting patiently at Panera...




With Grandma at Germantowne...


Maybe some people's kids cooperate for Easter pics...




The dinner...


Family faces :)



Little Charley...

Check out his hair!

Proud uncle...

Happy momma...

Boys enjoying the springlike weather with Aaron...

4 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

WOW! The food is making me drool... Allison is getting so big. Love the pictures of her at Panera. :) I must admit that I'm just a TINY bit jealous that you got to see Charlie, already! It's okay though...I still love ya!

Nancy said...

I loved seeing all your pictures. It was great you all came to church Sunday AM....so nice to see you all again. I had to laugh at the kids' Easter pics....you're still one ahead of me...I got NO pictures Easter Sun. It was too cold outside...I wasn't in the mood. Maybe in a couple weeks....Maybe IHC pics! LOL!

The Yates said...

Wow! Congratulations to Sarah Ann! It's hard to believe the little girl I once babysat is now married and has a little one of her own! Congratulations also to Joe and Carol!
Don't think I could handle Jonathan jumping on my back, like he did many times years ago!!!!
Thanks Stephanie for posting the pics, sure enjoy stopping by and seeing and hearing about your family and the Younts and Browns...
Helps us to feel more connected with the rest of the world being out here in sometimes very lonely and busy NM!
By the way, the food looks and sounds delicious.... think my mouth is watering for Germantown food...
Hope your little ones all get to feeling better!
Keep Encouraged!
Melodie (Umberger)

Beth Hotchkiss-Yoder said...

Thanks for posting these pics. . . the Browns were our neighbors when we lived in Cin. I remember Jonathan and Sarah Ann!!!! Fun times. . . .love finding pics of old friends on the web!!!
~Beth(Hotckiss) Yoder