I haven't fallen off the planet, just off the blog! Our week was so busy last week, that it left me wanting to see very little of the internet. I think I left off with Tuesday's awards program. Wednesday was our wrap-up in the classroom, and midweek prayer service, Thursday was a trip to the Columbus Zoo, followed by a couple of hours at Apollo doing some paper work, then on to Friday which was all about graduation practice, a pizza party at the park, evening graduation, and Nathan's open house afterward! I had vowed that I would sleep in Saturday (hadn't done that for months - literally), and aside from a few minor a.m. disruptions, I was able to accomplish that goal! Upon waking and tidying the house, we ran down to the church to clean up from graduation, then spent the rest of the day in a relaxed mode. Alli woke not feeling well on Sunday, so she and I stayed in for the day and hosted lunch and the p.m. snack for my parents. Monday was spent...you guessed it...relaxing! Today we began the wrap-up week for paperwork, grades, ordering, etc. I had a few eager kids back in the classroom (seems like some of them aren't sure if they really want to quit for the summer!), and was able to finish grade cards. Things should be finished up by Friday, then all that will be left is a mtg. with a school uniform rep. (Yea, girls!!!)on Monday. For now I'm enjoying my kids and waiting for Greg to get home from his 1st softball night of the season. I didn't realize he was going to play until today...minor communication error...so he will either be kept young another year or end up tearing, breaking, or bruising something! Any guesses on which it will be??? By the way, 'Burley's Bungalow' is almost finished (that's the building in the tree in our backyard) and the "boys" including their dad, slept there Sunday night!
I'll try to post pics of all the rest of last week's events soon. Don't hold your breath, I'm still recovering...
7 comments:
We are going to say...Go for it Greg! He looks like he has it in him and besides that he has to stay young so he can raise all of those little ones!Ha We are in your corner Greg...and we will be watching!Ha We love you guys...Sarah and Jerry
Hopefully he won't have any mishappenings. But as they say many times, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch." So I guess we will have to see where he stays this year. Try to relax. We have youth camp in a few weeks. See you then.
Hey girl,
I was wondering what degree did you go back and get?
I have to go back and somehow get state certified.
Always good to read your blog and see what is happening.
Take care!
You can e-mail me at
TeachJesusToKids@gmail.com
Teresa,
Your best bet is to get your M.A. in Ed. then become certified. I went through all of this with GBS and the Ohio Department of Education few years back. In short, our GBS degree is not enough to satisfy requirements preceeding certification.
My graduate degree is in Human Relations (counseling) not Education, as I was ready to study something that was enjoyable to me without a lot of "busy work". If anyone has any further info about attaining certification built upon our GBS degree, let me know. I would be interested. At the time I checked into it, it was like chipping at a brick wall...
Thank you! I am finding that out too. I am also finding out that more and more Christian Schools are requiring that you be state certified to teach there.
Thanks again and good luck!
Post a Comment