Thursday, August 7, 2008
Anniversary Getaway...
Greg and I celebrated 11 years of marriage this past weekend. Valerie and Adam had given me a hotel/babysitting package for my graduation, so we decided to use it on our special day. Since we only had 24 hours, we didn't want to travel far. We ended up getting a fantastic king jacuzzi suite at Courtyard by Marriott in Springfield. We ventured around town on Saturday morning, enjoying our favorite bagels from Panera. Then we headed through Yellow Springs and over to Dayton (by way of some beautiful Ohio country!). After a delicious steak dinner at Logan's Roadhouse, we walked Beavercreek Mall (one of my favorites) and made a quick stop at Starbuck's. We wanted to see Dayton's "remodeled" riverfront, where we rented a paddle boat and enjoyed the flowers and sunshine. Then the fun began...I had told Greg that the one thing I wanted him to do on our anniversary was to teach me to play tennis. Don't laugh...I realize that I am an overweight, klutzy mom of four. I also realize that I hate to exercise alone, and my husband and I enjoy doing things together, using the time to communicate without the kids. So, on our trek back up 75 North, we stopped at a local high school and Greg graciously and patiently helped me learn a few of the basics. After 70 minutes of tennis, we felt great, and decided to make it a bi-weekly event. So...I'll keep ya posted on that one!










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awwwwh! Sounds like you all had a great anniversary getaway! What fun!
I am totally LOVING the picture of you in your tennis gear!! YOU GO GIRL! So glad that you were able to have a great little getaway. What a blessing and testimony to God's love and faithfulness :) Thanks for all the updates. I love seeing all the family so often!
That is such a cute little anniversary story...it made me cry!Its so nice to see that you both are still very much in love after eleven years of marriage! We love you guys...Aunt,Sarah
You guys are too cute! Happy Belated Anniversary! Remember the joke gift from Jennifer and I? Ha! Luv Ya!
Post a Comment