Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another weekend in the can...

Last weekend was full, but in a fun, relaxing way. Greg and I both like structure, but not the kind that is so predictable that it becomes boring! Some people do the same things at the same time every day, eat the same foods on the same nights each week, shop on the same days every month, etc. I applaud the discipline that it can bring to one's life, but we aren't there, and probably never will be! Anyway, Friday night we went into Lima to do all the necessary things (eat, shop, etc.). We took one of Ryan and Evan's friends, so that made it a little more fun for them. On Saturday we took the girls (thanks to the Bakers for keeping the boys!)and went to Noblesville, IN to attend the wedding of one of our good friends, Jennifer Glick and Phil Alexander. Noblesville Pilgrim is a beautiful church, and they had a gorgeous wedding. My camera does not do well from distances or in the dark, but I'm sure you'll be able to see some better pics floating around blogland!








Jerry having fun with the bubbles...

Mr. and Mrs. Phil Alexander (I'm never in the right place to get a good pic!)...

The wedding party getting ready to enter the reception (Andrew was speaking to Kaitlynn while we were in the never-ending bathroom line!)...

I'm wondering what Jennifer was thinking...

Mamaw always makes sure Alli has enough to eat...

Mom and Dad were so surprised to see some friends whom I had never met. I believe the man on the left, along with his wife, lived across the street from my mom when she was growing up in Hobe Sound. Some of you will remember them...

Greg chatting with Leigh Murray...

The Alexander's from HSBC days...

"Ok, Papaw, hand over some of that yummy looking food!"

Mom and Becky go wwwaaaayyyy back! (Sorry mom, don't wanna make ya feel old or anything!). I'm going out on a limb here 'cause I don't remember exact years, but mom used to hold Becky in church when she was little. I think mom must have been somewhere between Evan and Kaitlynn's ages. My grandfather was the Burress's pastor, and they have been such good friends to us down through the years!

Greg chatting with Jerry. My guess is sports or politics...

Kaitlynn occupies herself with the leftover bubbles...

My father chatting with the father of the bride...

My angel...

On Sunday approximately 50 people from our church went downtown to participate in the 2008 Life Chain. It was hot, but we felt a sense of duty to the lives of the unborn who are so precious and valueable. If half of every church in Lima would have shown up, we could have had a chain from one end of town to the other, but of course, it doesn't work that way.

Congressman Jim Jordan thanks the crowd of pro-lifers for showing up and encourages our pro-life votes next month...

Isaac and Kaitlynn...so cute...

Evan takes a stand...or not :)...

My honey...

Dad speaks with State Representative Matt Huffman (left) and someone from Columbus Right to Life...


Little guys doin' their thing...

Jessie Lowe (left) has been a great force in Lima with his "Drugs Bring Death" message and marches...

4 Generations (I was taking the pic!) of pro-lifers...

Allison and one of her little "activist" friends...

5 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

It looks like you had a good weekend! I'm glad to see your pro-life rally!

Constance said...

I enjoyed all of the pictures. I wish I could have been at the wedding. It looked pretty.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Cool post!! Glad you got to go to the wedding...wish I could have been there.

Love the variety of pictures. Allison is such a doll....as is Kaitlynn! The pro-life thing looked like fun. Glad you showed your support.

Mom and dad's new glasses are WAY cool! =)

Marea P said...

I love the picture of Evan "taking his stand!"

Blair Bunch said...

I need your email! My email thing got changed and it lost my addresses~ I think I maybe had an old one anyway... I remember the first part, just not the server. -Melissa