Just wanted to take a minute (it's all I have right now!) to let all three of my faithful blog readers know that I'm still here! Since my last picture post we have survived several holidays, graduation parties, and Greg's 35th birthday (yes, he survived). I thought things would crank down a little once July arrived, but I was wrong! The days are filled with fun activities (laundry and cleaning are fun if you don't have an outside job to worry about!), softball, swimming, library trips, Biggby stops (I'm so over Starbucks!), bbq's, and SPENDING TIME WITH MY SISTER!!! YAY!!!
Campmeeting was great...it was a little different considering that Greg and I took a break from youth camp, where we've been team leaders for the last seven years. They had a wonderful youth camp, with 214 teens registered. We took our youth over on Monday, June 15th, and dropped them off, then headed down to Nashville, IN, where we had a condo for a few days. On the 19th we drove back through Frankfort, picked up the kids, and brought them back to Lima. Instead of turning right around that night and going to family camp, we stayed home for Father's Day weekend. That was Greg's preference, and although we hated to miss that weekend of camp, it worked out for the better for all of us. On Sunday evening, the kiddos and I left Lima for Frankfort. On Monday and Tuesday, I served again as one of our church's delegates to Conference. On Wednesday I was privileged to take my "old" friend, Martha Loper (along with little Eli) to lunch. Applebee's was good, but the fellowship was even better! Lima and Noblesville churches had the job of keeping the beverages stocked and served in the dining hall, so I helped with that on Thursday. Friday afternoon I spoke at the Preacher's Wives Mtg, and Friday night my hubby came! Talk about some happy kids, and a happy wife! Saturday we celebrated Greg's birthday at Applebee's and Dairy Queen, and did supper beverages. After the evening service, the Spencer's hosted a "Lima PHC" party in the cafeteria, and we enjoyed spending time with some of our church family who were at camp. I might add that we had a blast doing drinks together this year! Some years the jobs aren't as fun, but this one enabled us to spend time doing something together, and we loved it. Sunday we had lunch drinks (actually all three meals, but I didn't make it to 7 a.m. breakfast!), then an awesome dinner, then another little party for the 35-year-old "birthday boy"...complete with DQ ice cream cake! After serving supper beverages, we loaded up the van, and left for home. I might add that I DID go to church during camp, and the services were wonderful...worshipful, energetic congregational singing, beautiful music by the Cole's, and encouraging, soul-searching, and inspiring messages by Rev. J. Zechman and Rev. R. Mitchell. I came home both exhausted and refreshed...it is possible. :)
I am enjoying every moment of my summer vacation...the night owl in me is starting to reappear, which is not a good thing...I'll be putting a stop to that...always feel so disgusting when I stay up late and sleep in! Ugh!
The avid reader in me has also reappeared, and I'm currently digesting "Sanity Secrets for Stressed Out Women" by Sue Augustine. I'm not stressed right now, but when I am stressed, I don't have time to read! Just call it preventative maintenance...I'll let you know if it works. :) UBC's bookstore (set up at Pilgrim Camp) afforded me a good deal...4 books for $6...so I'll be tearing into them shortly. I'm not crazy about fiction, so I read alot of books on issues concerning women and families.
Hopefully the caffeine from the latest Biggby stop has left my system, and I will be able to crawl in bed and catch some zzzz's rather quickly. Tomorrow begins with a program called "Beautiful Ohio Butterflies" at 10:30 a.m. at the library (only a couple of blocks away, so we'll walk), and ends with Greg's softball game at 7 p.m., where they will face probably the most competitive team of the season. Go Temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment