Monday, October 5, 2009

Night Out!

If you are a Dave Ramsey fan, you probably already know that he announced some pretty incredible ticket deals for his Total Money Makeover live events this fall. Last Tuesday, when I finally checked my email, I realized that he had discounted the last 1,000 tickets to the October 1st Indy event from $40 to $15 each. We only had a little over 24 hours to get the plans in place, but Greg was able to take the day off, and I was able to leave work an hour and a half early. Mom and Dad did the grandparent thing for the evening and night, and we were off! There was nothing glamorous about our Flying J supper of corn dogs and Gatorade (we were in a huge hurry), but we made it to the Pepsi Coliseum just in time, and enjoyed 3 hours of Dave's sarcasm, humor, and common sense! Even though the width of the coliseum seats weren't to our exact specification (serious need for a diet here!), we had lots of fun. After a rainy 3 hour trip home, we dropped in bed around 2 a.m. to catch some zzzz's before the start of Friday's work day!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh I'm so envious! We wanted to go hear Dave, but it just didn't work out. Maybe next time! Glad you all got to go - we are huge fans!!