I wanted to do a follow up, since there was so much interest in our Chuck E. Cheese visit...lol...anyway, we survived! I must take this opportunity to say once again that my husband was sent to me straight from Heaven. He is such a good dad, and at the same time, really takes care of his woman! Let me tell you what happened.
It was only about 4 pm. when we arrived at CEC. There was just a handful of cars in the parking lot, and only a few patrons in the bldg. We purchased our grub (not sure if it even deserves the honor of being called "grub"), divided up tokens, and I quickly realized that I was going to be bored. I mentioned to Greg that I wished I had brought a book (usually carry one in my purse), and he said, "Why don't you just go to the mall for awhile by yourself? You deserve it." Now that was an offer I couldn't refuse! After feeling guilty for about 5 seconds, I hit the mall for about 2 hours!
By the time they were finished eating and playing games, CEC had become a complete madhouse, and my family was ready to leave. Greg said that at one point Alli covered both ears for about 10 seconds...she is definitely not used to that kind of chaos!
I did figure out one thing...Chuck E. Cheese attracts quite a class of people. Most of them evidently can't afford a decent set of wheels, or enough clothes to cover the massive rolls of fat that hang from their unkempt bodies...yet somehow they can haul loads of kids, cakes, presents, and who knows what else, in there for birthday parties! Go figure!
BTW, Ryan did wake up puking at 5 the next morning. He did not have the flu, and it was an isolated incident. He totally blames Chuck E. Cheese, and won't be begging to go back there for a good long time!
1 comment:
What a MAN!
And...I share your deep and longing affection for CEC.
Post a Comment