My sister will attest to the fact that I have overused this phrase during the last couple of weeks, especially when speaking of the fact that our kids had yet to have any sickness this fall. Now I can quit "knocking on wood" because our time has come! Fortunately, I'm not having to clean up puke and diarrhea-knock on wood, but all four of the little munchkins have nasty coughs and lots of congestion and nasal drainage. Allison was burning up with fever last evening and then again in the middle of the night. Her favorite phrases today are, "It hurts very bad! My nose is drippin'! I need a tissue!" You can only imagine. It is quite unusual for all of them to have something at the same time, but if they have to be sick, I'd rather have it this way. A month can be shot fairly quickly when just as one starts to feel better, another succumbs.
So, I'm looking on the bright side...this all waited until after our huge fundraiser (which was an enormous success) on Saturday, but hopefully will be gone before the Thanksgiving weekend!
Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday. For the last several weeks, I have been basking in the love of a faithful God, and focusing on all the blessings that He daily showers upon us. Contentment and fulfillment have worked together to bring pure joy to my life, and it is all because of my faithful God!
3 comments:
First, you aren't allowed to cheat and use last years picture of the kids. Second, sorry that the knocking on wood didn't help...hopefully it does about the yucky stuff! Looking forward to seeing you soon, hopefully!
Well, if I can ever get the dusty pumpkins and leaves off of the mantle and get the tree up, I'll think about taking a new pic! Then again, just thinking about trying to get all 4 of them to look at me without sticking out their tongues or making Frankenstein faces wears me out...
Can't wait to see this year's pictures of the kids. They're getting so big! Glad I'm not the only one who still blogs. Facebook is starting to bore me nutty...
Post a Comment