On the final full academic day before Christmas vacation, Evan had the misfortune of stepping in a hole and badly spraining his ankle. When they carried him into my classroom, I could tell he was really hurting. As time progressed, his pain level increased, and he couldn't move his joint at all. I carried him...yes, he's almost as tall as me, so I grabbed him around the waist and lifted...not a pretty sight, but it worked, and we got him to the van. I took him to the E.R. and they took 2-1/2hours to take a couple of x-rays and tell us that he would be ok in a few weeks. With an ace wrap, air cast, and a set of crutches, he has been maneuvering around quite nicely, and with only minimal frustration.

Three days later, still swollen and now a little green and blue (doesn't show up in the pic, for whatever reason).

I'm hoping that all will heal well and that he won't suffer from this in the future. Evan is a very energetic, athletic boy, and he doesn't deal well with sitting around, especially during the first real snowfall of the season!
3 comments:
Oh brother...what a way to spend Christmas! Sorry Ev, hope you feel better soon! Love you.
What a horrible way to spend christmas. I hope it goes away soon.
Ugh! Glad it wasn't worse!
Post a Comment