Monday, June 25, 2012

May's Days (Part 2)

It seems like May 18-22 was such a blur of activity!  On Monday, we took a field trip to Boonshoft in Dayton.  We don't have pictures because I ended up bringing a sick student back home after just a few minutes.  The kids had a lot of fun, and I'm sure there are a few parents who have some great photos of the day...I'm just not one of them.  :-) 

That evening, our Women of Worth chapter met at a steakhouse for our final meeting of the year.  We typically have a Mother/Daughter Banquet, but the ladies in leadership decided to change it up a little.  I really enjoyed it!  The ease of going to a restaurant and visiting without having to worry about food prep and cleanup was perfect!

On Tuesday, we celebrated the last day of school with the traditional picnic.  Greg took off work, and he and our friend Josh organized some softball and kickball games.  I didn't make it out to take pics until pretty close to the end when they were playing kickball with the little ones.  It was the cutest thing ever!  :-)


That evening, the school hosted the annual Awards Ceremony, followed by the reception.  It was a special time for the students, as well as the rest of us. 




Allison received her preschool certificate that night, as well.  I was disappointed to see that I didn't get a pic of her, but she was so excited that she practically ran to the stage to get that piece of paper!  The photographer probably didn't even have time to get his camera in place!  I'm hoping one of the other parents has one, but here she is with one of her classmates...


I can't believe she is starting kindergarten already!  She loves school, and is a pretty smart little cookie, in spite of us being her parents.  :-)
One of my co-workers completed 15 years of teaching at PCS this spring, so we focused on celebrating that milestone. She has taught all three of our older children, and I have been blessed to work with her for 14 of those years.  She is a gem.  Evan sang a song written especially for her.  He did a great job...maybe I'll upload the audio.  It was cute.

Marea Pouzar
The reception decor team did an excellent job!  Mrs. Pouzar (not knowing she would be celebrated) chose the theme of "Promises".  I made a sample 'pot of gold' using a glass globe, styrofoam, push pins, and butterscotch candies, and the school moms pulled together and did the rest.  :-)



That pretty much covers it for Part 2!

No comments: