You may remember a post back in the spring where I wrote that we were putting our house up for sale and beginning the process of fixing up a rental house. If you didn't read that, here is the link. That seems like such a long time ago, but we have been slowly moving things and renovating as time permits. Our house is under contract, and after it is appraised this week, things should begin moving very quickly. We chose to sell without a broker, and are praying that things continue to go smoothly.
We are working as hard as we can (after we leave our day jobs) to get the rental ready, and things are progressing steadily. A couple of the big jobs that remain are hanging drywall in the dining room and the playroom, replacing one bathroom floor, refinishing the hardwood floor in the living room, and laying laminate in the kitchen/dining room. Of course, there is still quite a bit of painting to be done, and we are stalling Lowe's on laying the carpet until I am done slinging paint. If you would see me every night when I come home from there, you would understand how carpet just would not survive. :-) I was picking out my hymns for morning worship prelude this morning, and I heard the gentleman behind me say to his wife, "Does Stephanie have a white hair?" I laughed to myself...if he only knew that it's actually Valspar one-coat coverage randomly splashed throughout my mop of glory...lol.
The current goal is to have things wrapped up by the end of September so that we can have a relatively normal fall.
And that's the update!
2 comments:
Bless your heart! I know y'all will be GLAD when y'all are moved in and things settle down. =)
Have a great week in Jesus!
~Heather~
I need to see that place again....you've done lots to it since I was last there. Praying things continue to move smoothly with the house. ...white hair? Heehee
Post a Comment