Greg bet Denny $5 that he would not be able to sell this dish for the sticker price. Similar pieces were going for much less on ebay, so Greg thought his bet was safe...and it was for a couple of hours. Then a sweet lady came in and exclaimed that this was the perfect bowl for mashed potatoes! Greg lost the bet, so Denny ended up with $17 for the dish!
I asked Denny and Brenda Estes, garage sale experts :), to coordinate our fundraiser. They did an awesome job of helping the students with sorting, pricing, layout, and sales. We ended up with approx. $650 profit!
I asked Joyce Barnt to coordinate the baked goods part of the sale. She did a great job, and we had a nice variety of tasty treats!
A sampling of the goodies
2 comments:
WOW! Glad it was such a huge success! Looks like it was well organized. =)
That was some yard sale. The baked goods look awesome. Just wish I could eat some right now. Of course after stepping on the scale this morning, that thought shouldn't even be crossing my mind.
Post a Comment