Monday, January 14, 2008

Nichols' News -N- Such

I've been waiting on my little brother to post some great news, but since he hasn't and I'm dying to, here it is: Olivia Nichols, daughter of Eric and Megan Nichols, will be a big sister mid-July! The due date is July 22, but since these things seldom happen on THE day, we'll just be waiting anxiously from, say, July 1st on!

Our mid-winter months are filling up fast! I thought we would have a calm January...ha! Last Friday night Greg and I hosted a Stay-awake-a-thon for my students who will be attending ACE Student Convention in March. We had a great time from 8 p.m. on Friday until 6 a.m. on Saturday in the Commons at the school. One of the parents provided pizza and pop, and the rest of us brought the rest of the necessary junk food. They raised between $650 and $700 (I should have the actual count tomorrow), and had lots of fun doing it. Our indoor garage/bake sale is a week from Saturday, and it should prove to be a successful endeavor, as well.

Today I started another class toward my degree. I'm definitely on the countdown now, and am getting very excited! It should be fun finding time to do the numerous assignments, but I'm sure the Lord (and my husband, right honey?) will help me.

Allison's 2 month checkup was today. She is 9 lbs. 15 oz., and 23.5 in. Her percentiles are as follows: weight, 25%; head circumference, 50%; length, 75%. She is a little bundle of joy, and never ceases to crack us up with her responsiveness. She was cooing on the exam table as the doctor was checking her out today. That's my girl!

I have lots of pics to post, just not a whole lot of time to post them! Hopefully I'll be able to take care of that within the next 48 hrs.

Until then...

6 comments:

mrstcd said...

Babies!!Isn't it so much fun! I know we're going to enjoy Hannah and Andy's! It won't be long and you'll be wishing for these days with Allison again. They do grow up sooo quickly.

Constance said...

I am so excited for them and all of you. You can give them my congrats.

Hannah said...

Yay!!! Such exciting news! Congrats to the Nichols clan

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

YES! Finally a post about another Nichols. Just imagine next Christmas!!!! ...and we thought this past Christmas was fun with the babies! Allison will be getting around by then and another little one to hold... :)

I'm looking forward to the pics of all the recent events. I'm so happy that you made that much money...AWESOME!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

btw, I'm glad Allison is getting along so good. I must say that it doesn't surprise me that her highest percentile is her length... :) yay for tall people!

DEN said...

Hey Steph,
Great to see all the pictures...thanks for posting them. We really missed out this year! So many babies! WOW! Hope you all are doing well!