Sunday, March 30, 2008

Still Waiting...

For those who are concerned, here is an update on Kaitlynn. Her heart rate is now staying below 100, which is a great relief to me. Mom and I both have a heart condition that lends itself to a rapid heartbeat at times. It is hereditary, according to my doctor, and I was worried that she may have it. Looks like now that it was just due to dehydration. She is still not taking enough nourishment. They cut back on her IV fluids to see if that would encourage more oral intake. Greg pushed about 8oz. of Gatorade down her when he was here. Daddy and Kaitlynn are equally stubborn, so she didn't get off too easy when he was around! :) She has developed a pretty nasty cough throughout the day today. Might be the antibiotic loosening up come congestion.
Thanks for all of your prayers and the MANY, MANY phone calls and visits. We have a terrific support system!
Love to all!

6 comments:

Leah said...

Kaitlyn is in my prayers. I know everything seems out of balance when a family member is in the hospital. Must seem extremely so for you with a little one.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Still praying for you guys. Thanks for keeping in touch...sorry you're having to stay another night. I guess it is better to stay and be sure that things are going to be okay... Lots of love!

Carrie said...

Aww. I hadn't been on in a couple of days and didn't realize you guys were still in the hospital. We're praying for you!

Glad Kaitlynn's heart rate is down!

Beth Stetler said...

I'm a faithful lurker, but I've been behind on checking blogs and just found out that your daughter is in the hospital. I hope she gets better soon, and y'all can go home to your own beds. I'll be praying.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear that Kaitlyn is sick and in the hospital!! That is hard to deal with, I know, with a family of six to still try to juggle. I sure hope she gets better soon and you can all come home!
Love,
Angie E.

Martha C said...

Sorry to read of your drama! After reading the posts, I can truly say, "Ouch" to you, too!
I hope it all gets back into a healthy routine soon!!!