Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busy Times...

Monday night was our annual Women of Worth Mother Daughter Banquet. We had a wonderful evening with lots of humor and great food. Stephanie Philips was our guest speaker, and it was great to see she and her sisters, Amanda and Melissa. GBS days are slowly becoming a blur, so it is always great to see "people from the past". :) Stephanie did a fantastic job facilitating communication among the banquet attendees. The activites were lots of fun!




My mom is our local WOW chapter president. She does a fantastic job, and although my attendance was scarce this past year, I always hear great reports. I'm looking forward to a new theme this fall!

Sarah provided violin music for us...

Mrs. Alley, mom, and Mrs. Spencer make up our local WOW committee...

This was so cute...one of our little girls, Karys, being helped with bubbles by Stephanie...looks like Karys sent one straight to Stephanie's eye...

Couldn't get a good pic of Kaitlynn, so this is the best I could do...

Alli and I looking like we both need a Slim Fast...

***TUESDAY
On the countdown! Three more days of school...

Happy 16th birthday, Jennifer!!! When I was a teenager I wasn't exactly one of the girls who normally had a baby in her arms. Some girls just have that knack...their mothering instincts kick in when they are like 10 or something. Anyway, when Jennifer was born, I had the privilege of babysitting she and her two siblings from the time she was newborn. I remember, at 16 years of age, loading up the kids and actually going places with them - very brave parents! I loved that little baby so much! Now she is 16 - hard to believe - and all grown up...

Kaitlynn had her first violin lesson today. Sarah teaching Kaitlynn how to hold her violin (mommy knows NOTHING about this!)...



All ready for the 2008 Awards Program...our high school girls did a lot of the decorating...I'm proud of them!






Believe it or not, Steve used to hold me when I was not too much older than Allison!

Loves to pretend...

They make me proud...



Ryan with some of his buds, Zach and Caleb...

3 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Fun times! Glad things are going well for you...only 2 more days of this busy, busy week!!

Kaitlynn and her violin... =) So cute! Maybe she'll drop hers at her first recital like I did!! Hope not...I bet she looks so cute doing all that stuff. Wow...growing up WAY too fast!

Congrats, boys, on finishing another year! I'm proud of you both and love you more than I could ever say.

Alli-bug is the little chubbster! What a doll.

Constance said...

That is so cute with Kaitlynn and her violin. I didn't even realize the was doing that. Congratulations on finishing the school year. And your banquet looks like it went really well.

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie! This is a cute post. I enjoyed all the pictures. I had to chuckle at the slim fast comment - You're so crazy! Are you going to have a normal summer, or are you taking on some new big challenge? :-) Wish we could get together sometime while it's warm. We're so busy too ... anyway. Wanted to say HI!
love,
Angie