Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May!!!

Sorry I haven't posted any updates lately...my mind is consumed with this research paper! My topic is marital intimacy (slightly more narrow), and the research is so rich! As any "mature" reader knows, intimacy is a word that has been misdefined by our culture...I'll leave it at that...

May is a wonderful month, full of exciting times!!!! My associate at school is turning ** next week (a milestone birthday, nonetheless!), my grandma and I will share a birthday soon, I graduate, dear friend Maria graduates from GBS, school awards, school graduation (Nathan, H.S.; Gunner and Kerri, 8th), Amanda (our niece on Burley side) graduates, Mother's Day, field trip to Columbus Zoo, last day of school picnic...on and on (this list does not include 2 weddings we will not be able to attend, as well as a fishing trip that I'm definitely not attending!).
For now, my focus is finishing my class, so posts will be sparse for another six days or so!

By the way, Adam and Valerie are having a _______________! (This is my little hint for them to post the news) :)

Eric, Meg, and Olivia are supposed to be coming in this evening to visit for a couple of days. We haven't seen them since a week before Christmas (quite awhile for living as close as we do now), so we're pretty anxious!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

6 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

haha - hint taken. =)

Busy times...but it's nice because it causes time to go more quickly until the time I get to come home!!! YAY!

Enjoy your time with Eric, Meg and Livvy. I certainly wish I could be there with you...

Lots of love!

Andrea said...

I heard the new about the baby_______. Very excited!! Congrats Val & Adam
MAC-I'll be praying for you over the next month for survival!! HA!! Lots of Dr. Pepper is ordered!!!

Constance said...

Busy Busy Busy! That would be our life too. Good luck on your paper. See you in a couple of weeks.

Leah said...

Amber didn't mention your "barking" voice. Ha! Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for giving her the test.
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!! I think you deserve three diplomas, with completing this as a mother of four children including a newborn!! Wow!!! Great job!!!

GT Burley's said...

Hi everyone!
I've enjoyed catching up on your blog today. Steph., you have a great sense of humor!!! You make me laugh. I love the lemon pix. I remember those days. What fun! I'll soon be adding some pix into my blog. Just catching up on others first. There is lots going on! Love to you all! Tina

Lorna said...

Ooooh, Ruth Ann is a meanie! haha
I remember doing that to Janelle. She would shiver and shake every time a lemon came near. We could never get her to do it again, so we fed it to her in a spoon. She never caught on to that one!!
Congratulations, Stephie!!!!!! We are SO proud of you. I would like to read your final paper. Maybe it would enlighten me...ya think?
Love to all of you. Hope to see you soon!