Friday, May 15, 2009

Mixed Vegetable Bake

Here is the "long-awaited" recipe! It is an old one from Pampered Chef, but one of my favorites...the only thing I ask is that none of you bring it to the WOW Mother/Daughter Banquet in Lima, cause I'm making it! :)

3 bags (16oz.) California Blend (I buy at Aldi because they now only use broccoli crowns)
1 can (10 oz. or so) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayo
1 clove garlic (I just use the powder and do it to taste-I know that makes some of you cringe!)
1/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can French fried onions (cheddar flavored are really good on this)

Spread the 3 bags of veggies in a 9x13 dish. Mix the soup, mayo, garlic, pepper and cheese. Spread them over and throughout the veggies. Cover with foil. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes. Top with onions and bake for another 5 min. or so, until onions look brown and crispy.

***The first few times I made this, I was really frustrated. The veggies were not at all tender, and the rest of my meal was ready to put on the table. Now I usually thaw the veggies, then bake for at least an hour. Don't let it get mushy, otherwise it will taste like a bowl of goo. :)
If it retains some firmness, the dish will keep its shape, and the leftovers will be even more delicious. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Marea P said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe. I am looking forward to eating some tomorrow night! :)