It's hard to believe that we are approaching the last week of October 2009. Summer went quickly for me, but since school has started and every day is packed from start to finish, it seems like time is somehow in fast-forward! This past week was especially busy. On Tuesday night, our students presented their annual fall program entitled "Go Light Your World". Mrs. Pouzar and I have the primary responsibility for the school programs, and we often find it difficult to come up with material that "fits". We like drama and music, but we also like a strong Biblical theme, humor, and emotion. The program also has to encompass grades PreK-12. No small feat.
This year we decided to do a missions theme, and knowing we would be pressed for time, started brainstorming our own program. With the Lord's help and a group of 26 enthusiastic and talented kids, we were able to pull off a 45-50 minute program that encompassed all of our objectives. The crowd was AWESOME (thanks to all who came), the kids did an outstanding job, and we probably spent less than $20 on the whole thing. Mission accomplished.
Today we had planned to take a field trip to Sauder Village in Archbold, and we were pretty excited to see the new things they had going on up there. The weather, however, had other plans for us, so we headed south to the United States Air Force Museum in Dayton. I could probably go there every six months because I never really get to see everything, and today was no exception. I was with the preschool and kindergarten (along with a couple of other moms), and they loved every minute of it. We really had to keep them moving! Everyone was able to view an IMAX film there at the museum, so that took about an hour of our time. The kids loved it...one fell asleep, poor guy, he was so tired!

I crack up every time I look at this pic. We took it the day after the program because one of the little girl's candles kept flopping down during the program. I don't have much creativity, so this was the best I could do. Kudos to the little ones who practically had their heads cut off because the poster board was rubbing under their necks...they were so patient! If you can't tell, they were supposed to be little candles...they sang "This Little Light of Mine" (the 'cool' version) :)

Love these little ones...I get to spend three days a week with them...

Birthday Girl...4 years old!

Playing memory...

My sweet little sidekick...she's so good and flexible with mommy's day to day routines that never seem to be the same! She's totally along for the ride...all the time!

Now it's Friday night. The kids are exhausted and already sound asleep...before 11 p.m. Yay! Tomorrow I will make a couple of different kinds of soup, and begin preparation for next week. The Halloween Fest in our town is Monday evening, and we have revival beginning Tuesday through the rest of the week. I have found that being prepared for revival takes concentrated planning when you are gone all day every day! It's one thing to drop into your seat at church completely exhausted and frustrated (because you are truly exhausted), but quite another to be exhausted yet mentally and emotionally prepared to allow God to work in your heart in spite of your physical state.
Now I'm rambling, so I'm going to wrap it up for tonight. Hope all of you enjoy your weekend!
5 comments:
Love those candles!! :-)
I love your little candles! They are so cute!!
Enjoyed your post! I'm not used to seeing Emilee in the school pictures - hard to believe. Glad that everything went well with the program. Sounds like it was really neat. Love the candles ;)
okokok, the candles made me laugh. every time i looked at them i laughed! cute and VERY CREATIVE, steph! i'm proud of ya!
I can't believe how much hair Allison has. She is so cute!
Post a Comment