It was a lot of fun to spend a few days in Cincinnati this past week. Greg and I were able to take off Friday, so we left after Ryan's practice Thursday evening, and arrived at Grandma's in time to enjoy some pizza before crashing for the night. On Friday, after a huge breakfast at grandma's, Greg played in GBS's golf tournament with Adam, Mark, and another guy (can't quite remember who), and Valerie and I(along with 5 children)attempted to do some shopping. The kids enjoyed the two-story carousel at Florence Mall. I don't have any pics of that little adventure, cause my battery died. Allison totally loved the ride, and cried when she had to leave her horse.

Homecoming '09 was a good time. We enjoyed this year's format. Saturday's picnic was a great substitute for Homefest. The kids loved the facepainting booth (ok, so I did too)...
Lil' Livvy...


The boys enjoying a little cousin time with Kaden...

Loyal alumni :)


My s-i-l, Megan, looking great at about 36 weeks...

Evan and Khara...

Ryan hoping she can paint an "M"...

Not bad!


Can't see Evan's very well, but she did an awesome job!

Uncle Adam picked a chilly day to be in the dunk tank!

Evan enjoying a good laugh with Uncle Mark...

Livvy, Evan, Khara, and Kaden...

Livvy ~n~ me...

Uncle Mark found a turtle on the golf course...

On Saturday we left Cincinnati in time for the boy's final football games this season. This pic is terrible, but Ryan's coach (purple shirt) had told the team that if they won a certain game, he would shave his head and let them paint it before the final game. They won, and he made good on his promise. Ryan loved painting a big "M" on his head!

The sun went down just after the games began, and it was freezing!

Since I had Educator's convention on Monday, we arranged to meet Adam and Valerie in Dayton on Sunday night after church so they could watch the kids for me. We attended the boy's awards service on our way out of town, and especially enjoyed listening to the testimony of a young man who now plays football for Defiance College. He came from a large family, and was homeschooled up until 7th grade. At the age of 10, he lost his mom to breast cancer. His world was turned upside down, of course, and he was forced to enter a realm that was completely foreign to him as a very young man. Philippians 4:13 became an important verse to him during those days. He went on to play high school football, and now he is in his senior year of college, and captain of the team. He very capably conveyed the message of Christ being our sole source of strength and help, and showed how God used bad circumstances in his life to bring forth good results.




The kids had lots of fun staying with Uncle Adam and Aunt Valerie overnight on Sunday, and then for the day Monday. Dad and I made the trip to Indy for CEC, and after a long, full day, met up with the gang again in Dayton to get the kids before heading on home.

Aubrey was probably ready for some peace and quiet!

Lots of miles, lots of smiles...it was a great weekend!
2 comments:
I enjoyed your pics.!! I didn't have my camera out near enough, unfortunately. I always realize that later...
awww.... how fun! it was great seeing you guys!! :) miss you all!
Post a Comment