Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2011 Fall Church Retreat...

So much has happened over the last couple of months, and I've wondered if it is worth taking the time to blog, but after doing this for a few years it has become a fun memory keeper for our family. So, I'm sharing old news. :-)
The third weekend of October found us spending a few days with our church family. It seems like we have been doing this annually for pretty close to ten years, and it is fun to watch the excitement build (among kids and adults alike) as the day draws near.
Each year we try to do a couple of new things, and this year that meant a coffee bar -

Coffee (hot & iced), hot chocolate, cappuccino...

and all the extras!

Thanks, Wendy!

An English Tea Party for the girls -



Sarah, our English friend, did an excellent job with all the details!



Who needs tea?  The doilies taste just as good...



Reading Fancy Nancy

Who knew jello could look like this?

And a few were brave enough to try...

Cornhole and a scavenger hunt for the boys

Crazy skits and homemade ice cream at halftime!

The menu included pizza on Friday night, a big breakfast late Saturday morning, chicken halves grilled by Greg, Jason, and their helpers on Saturday evening, and pork roast for Sunday dinner. And the amazing cooks from our church supplemented with everything else!

Our family is so thankful for a wonderful church and Christian Day School ministry.  There are so many areas of our country that are without either of these, and we don't take our blessings for granted!  We love our fellowship of believers.  They encourage and strengthen us along the journey.

1 comment:

Constance said...

I know how you feel with the blog. I have gotten like that a few times-why am I doing this, I don't think anyone reads it anymore. And then someone makes a comment. I do enjoy your posts and have enjoyed the conversations we have had.

I love to hear about your church fall retreat. This one looked really really fun. I loved the tea party.