Thursday, December 1, 2011
Update on Kaitlynn...
Kaitlynn had an accident last night around 5:30. She was playing in the boy's room, and somehow landed on the front of the seat of a video rocker on her feet. This sent the headrest part into her upper gum area, knocking out a baby tooth and knocking her two front permanent teeth down and back.
I took her to ER, but apparently there is no longer oral care available,at least for teeth, at the hospital.
After a long, sleepless night, I was able to get her in to her dentist at 7:40 a.m. The roots of those teeth are very young and not fully developed. That could be good (there is a chance for continued growth and rejuvination) or bad (should they become abscessed, root canals would be very difficult - if even possible).
We are to see an oral surgeon at around noon today. Hopefully they can re-position the teeth and place a splint. It is a wait and see after that.
Please pray that this procedure will go smoothly. She hasn't eaten since lunch yesterday.
Thanks so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for her. And, you.
Awww ... poor girl. Hoping everything will turn out okay. I'll be praying throughout the day. If you're anything like me, I would be worried sick. Thank God we can take everything to Him! This doesn't mean I stop worrying though. Something about Mamas and their children that seem to require never-ending concern. :)
that is so horrible. I hope that things get better with her.
Post a Comment