She had a very fitful night (she tosses, turns, and talks a lot in her sleep anyway), but seemed to relax more toward morning. I went to work for a couple of hours, then came back home to get everyone through the routines (rinses, breathing treatments, antibiotics, etc.). Her swelling had decreased so much in just those two hours! They were all ready to be back at school, and Kaitlynn was ready to see her friends, etc. She gathered some of her toys, blankets, etc. and we went to school. Her friends were so concerned about her and so glad to see her! I heard one little girl say, "Kaitlynn's lucky...she gets Polly Pockets and smoothies!" I laughed and told her that I didn't think she would want to endure everything Kaitlynn had to for a doll and a smoothie. :-)
The nurse called to follow up, and she checked with the dr about her temp. He said it was perfectly normal for that to happen, and to call his cell if anything happens throughout the weekend. Gotta love that kind of customer service!
By the time her daddy came, about three hours later, she was more than ready to get home. I am still at school (just taking a few minutes to be off my feet), and it feels weird not to be by her side, but I know she is ready for "normal," whatever that is/will be.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers. I've had so many asking about her. It's hard to tell it over and over because I'm still emotional, and I always break down somewhere in the conversation. It's just me, and I can't help it. :-)
I hope everyone has a great weekend! We had tentatively planned to attend Jonathon and Jalena's wedding in Noblesville tonight, but the events of the week changed all of that. We wish them all the best as they "tie the knot" here in about an hour! We hope to be able to attend our church Christmas dinner tomorrow evening, and worship with our church family on Sunday!
If there are any changes in Kait's condition over the weekend, I will update. Otherwise, I will try to catch up some of last month's events that haven't been blogged.
Well, I'd better get back to work...
TGIF!!!!
1 comment:
SO GLAD TO HEAR THE UPDATE, BEEN PRAYING FOR HER, AND STEPHANIE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO GET EMOTIONAL, AFTER ALL WE ARE MOM'S, LOVE, AUNT DONNA
Post a Comment