Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Memories Part Four

The Yount family is as dedicated as any I have ever seen when it comes to celebrating holidays.  Schedules are adapted, hotels are booked, miles are travelled, and it happens! 
This year we celebrated on the evening of the 24th as everyone gathered in.  The menu was a variety of soups with finger food type stuff and lots of desserts.
On Christmas morning, a pretty decent number of us attended church with my grandmother at Kenwood Bible Methodist.  It was a special time...it's not often that we are able to celebrate in worship and partake of communion together.
Family members continued to trickle in throughout the day, and by evening there were 71 of us.  A couple of in-laws joined (the Profitts and the Kennedys) for a few hours, and it was good to have them with us, as well!
The food was unbelievable, as usual.  You can't lose with The Honeybaked Ham Company!
Whenever we are together, I find a few quiet moments to just observe these people who have impacted my life in such a significant way.  Their incredible motivation and skill challenge me to keep pursuing excellence in my own life.  There are several small business entrepreneurs, physician assistants, registered nurses, teachers, pastors, one in Christian university administration, one in Christian radio, others in various Christian ministries, stay-at-home mommas, blue collar workers...just a huge variety of occupations, skill sets, and an unbelievable amount of motivation behind all of it! 
Here are a few pics of our Yount Christmas:

Aunt Jean always brings plenty of Play Doh for the little ones.



Two of Uncle Jeff's grandbabies...I think he and Andrea have
13 grandkids under age 8.  :-)

Sleepy little Sawyer (Sarah Ann and Aaron's third little guy)

The big guys get tired too...Uncle John finds a quiet corner.
Happy lil' Chloe (Andrea and Jeremy's little girl...she is
surviving her 3 big brothers pretty well!)
And 'not-so-happy' lil' Suzanna...I love her poochie lip.  :-)
She's usually a happy little camper. 
Eric brought his newest little puppy...
While Craig and Alisa brought their BIG four-legged friend!
 Allison is way over her dog paranoia..thank goodness!
How thankful I am to still have the privilege of
having this special influence in my life!  My grandma
and I share a birthday, and we've shared a lot of memories!
This would have been a great pic, had Greg not decided  to make
a dash for the food line about the time I snapped it!
Megan, Janel, Valerie, & Will
14 of the original 19 cousins who were there at the time of the
pic.  We sure have done our share of adding to the family tree!
Uncle John, Uncle James, Uncle Jeff, my mom, Aunt Carol, and Aunt Sarah
with their momma.  We sure do miss our Grandpa Yount.
Aunt Rebecca has a particularly facinating job...
she's a lifeflight nurse!
Jeremiah (Andrea's oldest) and Evan finish off the
homemade ice cream.

Andrea and I have always been more like sisters than cousins.
We even knew how to have a good fight! And yeah,
it could get physical.   :-)

 Aunt Jean, Aunt Rebecca, and Aunt Andrea
(Andrea is the one who made me the cook book that
I mentioned at www.stephanieburley.blogspot.com)

Kait and Becca (Jeff and Crystal's oldest) love the few moments
they get to spend together.  I think the unlimited fountain
drinks were having an effect.  :-)
Some of the guys with a little girl right there in the middle.
We love to stay at the Comfort Suites on the river.  This was the
beautiful view at Christmas.
These boys are getting so big!
#4 had just fallen and scraped up her knee.  Therefore, she was
completely uncooperative for a pic.  The other three obliged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great pics and we all had a blast! Miss you and love you! MAC