Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Update On Ryan...

Imagine the look on the faces of the staff at the dentist's office this morning, as the seemingly brainless Burleys walked through the door for yet another front tooth adventure.  Anyway, they were gracious, and Dr. Meyer had Ryan fixed up within 30 minutes.  The x-ray showed no damage to the root, so she was able to fill the tooth at the bottom and make it look even enough.  I can't imagine a filling strong enough to take the place of the bottom of a front tooth, but as I said before, I'm only learning the tricks of the wonderful world of dentistry...and I hope this little education I'm getting is about to slow down!  The dentist said that, as with any injury, the nerve could eventually die and the tooth could absess, requiring a root canal and a crown.  In the meantime, we will (again) hope for the best, and hold tightly to our wallet.  :-)
Ryan and I share a common trait: big teeth.  I've never appreciated that, until today.  He doesn't look any different, so I'll not share pics, but we're ok and I haven't had to resort to "stiff" drinks, although it did cross my mind once or twice!  Thanks for your comforting words...they were appreciated today! :-)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Wow! Glad it was "easily" fixable! Maybe you should ask your dentist to make mouthguards for the kids to wear 24/7! :) Hopefully, you've gotten the entire year's excitement done and over with (in which case, I'd be breaking out the sparkling grape juice, rather than a stiff drink! ;))