Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back To School 2012

Today was our first day of school! The kids were so excited, and...well, I guess I was too! We were up and ready way early, and before long we were with a bunch of other kids who were just as excited. Before leaving home, we took a few pics outside under the tree. It'll probably be the last time we get our "back to school" pics done in that particular spot, as it looks like our house will be sold very soon! Enjoy the photos...

L to R:  Evan (6th grade), Ryan (8th grade)
Allison (preschool), Kaitlynn (3rd grade)
Although the typical scenario is that all of our kids play together or the boys do their thing while the girls do theirs, we do see them each gravitate toward one sibling more than another.  This is usually how it shakes out:



And then with momma...

I have to admit...the ground where I stood was elevated.  Evan is taller than me.




Allison took this pic.  I was impressed!


 
And the first day was very good.  They love their classes, and are happy to be back to their friends!  And I'm a very thankful to have one more year of being in the classroom and in such close proximity to my kids.  Not every momma has that, and I may not always have it.  I don't take it for granted. 
 
Hope your school year is off to a great start, as well!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures, my how they are growing up. love, aunt donna

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

I still can't get over how big the boys are. They just need to quit it!