Major surgery is hard on a young woman, not to mention a great-great-grandma, so she spent a few days thinking about whether or not she wanted to put herself through the emotional and physical implications of it. We squeezed our visit in after her kids had all gone home, and helped her get some things in order while giving her a bit of companionship. It was hard see her at that point of decision, and the girls and I made sure to give her plenty of space to think and pray. The morning of the day we came home, she decided to go ahead with surgery.
Here are a few pics of our time together:
| The girls know they are allowed to have coffee at Grandma's house, and they make the best of it. |
| All coffee'd up and ready for bed. :-) |
| Waking up after a good night's sleep...and playing with every stuffed animal they can find. |
Kaitlynn's favorite thing about being at Grandma's is helping her fix breakfast! Grandma always lets the girls work right along with her, and that makes them feel really special.
Another round of coffee...
And every proper girl knows this is how you are supposed to place your cup/spoon when you are finished taking tea (coffee). :-)
Grandma's neighborhood is wildly populated with deer. This little guy was sitting in a front yard, undisturbed by nearby construction and traffic.
Having a tea (coffee) party on the patio. The girls always use an English accent during their parties, and Grandma even gave it a try. I'm terrible at it, so they always get a good laugh when I try to say a word or two.
Let's just say Alli was a little buzzed out on coffee at this point...lol! I think they had 2 pots between the two of them within about 48 hours.
Kaitlynn found a decorative deer in Grandma's house and this was her reenactment of the what we saw earlier in the front yard. :-)
Grandma and I...through the lens of a 4-year-old photographer.
Allison loves scarves, and Grandma had an extra for her to wear. She thought she was big stuff.
Before we left, we took a bit of a trip down memory lane, which included a stop in Hyde Park to see the house where Grandma and Grandpa lived. Grandpa Yount passed away just before I turned 4, and Grandma stayed in the house until I was probably 10 or 12. Some of my favorite memories come from 2850 Erie Avenue. :-) We made a brief stop at the lower lookout of Eden Park, another place I love to go as a kid.
5 comments:
Very cute!! Reminds me of the good old days with my great grandma... :)
That picture of Allison staring at the coffee cup is hilarious! I love it! : )
Thank you for sharing about your Grandma Yount. We attended church with her but moved away over 11 years ago. I have often wondered how she is doing. I will keep her in my prayers. Please pass along our love to her.
Diana (and Les) Eckert
I really enjoyed these pics of the girls making sweet memories.
Precious memories right there. The thought of you speaking with an English accent made me laugh. I can just imagine what the 2 of us would sound like together trying it!
Post a Comment