I think we ask ourselves this question at the beginning of just about every week! Don't the weekends just seem to fly by? This week we had our school's fall picnic on Tuesday night, and then a fabulous ice cream social hosted by one of our young adult couples at church on Saturday night. In the meantime, we continued to get the house ready and squeezed in a little time helping with two of our nieces on the weekend. I didn't take any pics (probably because my hands were pasted in paint most of the time), so I don't have much to share. Our ice cream social hostess blogged about that event here. Take time to visit...I know you'll enjoy reading it. She is pretty amazing!
My grandmother had her 2nd chemo treatment on Friday. She is beginning to have some of the negative side effects, and I wish you would remember her in prayer as you think about it. She has two weeks off now, which should help her to recover somewhat. It's not a comfortable road, that's for sure. Her official diagnosis is Stage III Ovarian Cancer.
This afternoon, Greg and I head to the attorney's office to sign away the house, so reality is setting in and we are preparing ourselves and the kids to acclimate to a different town, neighborhood, house, etc. It's not always easy to let go of what is comfortable, but we know it's best.
Maybe I can post some pics soon...depending on this week's progress!
2 comments:
Stephanie, I sure hope things go smoothly with your move! How far are you moving from where your house is now? I look forward to seeing pictures of your new place!
We are moving back to Lima after 6 years of living in a much smaller town a little south of there. Our routines won't change, except it taking a little longer to get to our jobs and church. The kids will have to get used to a busier street, etc. And hopefully within a few months (or years) we will be able to find a country home back toward where we currently live. It seems like a lot of moving, but getting from point A to point B is sometimes a little complicated.
We'll keep you posted!
Post a Comment