Sunday, February 4, 2007

Another Sunday...At Home :(

Surprise, surprise. Sickness keeps us home another Sunday. Kaitlynn and I were able to get antibiotics from the pediatrician who came by the house last evening. Hopefully, we will be through this soon! I miss church and my church family. We have a great group of people with which to worship, and I love them very much. God has blessed us greatly!

We are on our last day of "officially" caring for grandma. Yesterday, Greg and I had an errand to run, and we both had to go. Evan informed me that he would stay and take care of grandma. After giving him instructions (no microwave, no stove, no answering the door, etc.) we left for a little over an hour. Before we were out the door, he grabbed a kitchen towel and started cleaning the counters. He was determined to be responsible and efficient, and he was successful!
It is so much fun to watch the kids learn to help. A few minutes ago, Kaitlynn was learning to fold napkins and place them under the forks at the table. She was getting frustrated because the fold would come undone when she picked up the napkin, but we finished the task in a relatively short amount of time. Let me take this chance to say thanks to Ryan and Evan for folding laundry, cleaning snow off of the sidewalk, emptying multiple garbage cans, straightening the basement, and a host of other chores I asked them to complete this week. They were such a huge help! Most of all, Greg was an unbelievable help. He always is, really. I have never seen a man who could multitask household chores and everything else the way he does! I love you, Greg!!!

No comments: