Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day???

Our lovely Valentine's Dinner, compliments of Joey's Sub Shop

As previously mentioned, we were suffering blizzard effects on February 14th, so we spent the day with my parents, and enjoyed an incredible fried chicken dinner. Greg, Ryan, Evan, and dad went around shoveling and blowing snow for various neigbors and friends, and the rest of us just stayed in and stayed warm. Valerie and Adam had generously offered to take care of our kids and grandma so that Greg and I could have a nice date on Thursday evening. We were excited about that, but by the time Greg ran his Wednesday and Thursday routes on Thursday (thanks to the blizzard), we didn't end up leaving for our date until after 7:00 p.m. That evening we still had Valentine boxes to create, clothes to pack for the next day, and snow boots to purchase. Needless to say, our romantic Valentine's dinner turned into a stop at the little sub shop downtown for a take-out sub. The little guy who made our subs was so proud of himself for wrapping them "his" and "hers"! I flashed him our Olive Garden gift card and said, "Well, our Valentine dinner was supposed to be this (the card), but somehow it turned into this (his adorably wrapped subs)!" He then proceeded to put a heart on mine, somehow making it more special. :) Oh, well, maybe we'll try again next year, Greg!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's ok. It sounds like our Valentine's supper of Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizzas!!

Sarah said...

Those impromptu ones are the best. Jerry an I were in Pennsylvania and I was sick that day and we couldn't be around our little grands.We dropped their Valentine packages off and guess what? It was snowing like crazy and my husband an I went to Subway...went inside...got a seat by the window and thought it was one of the best dates ever!!Ha When your in love it doesn't take too much fancy stuff I guess. I think we are all pretty much in love!!! Take care...Sarah