For my faithful readers who tire of logging onto blogs and reading week-old news for the 3rd time, I'll leave a short post. Nothing new has happened this week, except that everyone is healthy in the Burley household! That, my friends, is something to be thankful for! The most excitement we have had around here was Tuesday evening when Greg and the boys were re-stacking our winter wood supply. They found a precious little reptile (around 15-20 in.). I think Scripture refers to this reptile as "Satan", and I agree with Scripture. Anyway, knowing boys will be boys and not wanting to "feminize" them in any way, shape, or form (Amen, anyone?), we still have the little vermin living in our garage. I allowed Evan to take him/her to school Wednesday, and most of the kids really enjoyed it. The Mediamobile (local library bus) happened to be stopping at school the same day, and Ryan was able to find a book about snakes because he didn't feel we were taking proper care of the poor little thing. I tried, in my most sympathetic voice, to convince them that our home was not a proper habitat, and that this little gift would be better served in his natural, underground home, or wherever snakes like to roam. Evan is convinced, so this evening we will probably have a going away party, and release the snake down by the creek in the woods. On the same evening, they found a salamander. It is outside in a bucket, but due to the rains that have fallen in the last couple of days, is probably already gone onto its eternal reward. We may have to have a funeral for that one. Anyway, I tried to explain to the boys that we have a beautiful golden retriever, which is a very acceptable, all-American pet, and they won't hardly give him the time of day, yet they attempt to adopt a very unacceptable (sorry, Carrie), creepy, nasty...well, you get the picture...I don't like snakes!
On to other news...My goal for this weekend is to complete my final project for the communications class which is set to end a week from Sunday. When the project is completed, it will probably run about 20 pages total, and although that doesn't seem like much, the research is pretty time-consuming. If I complete it this weekend, I will have all next week (Spring Break, IHC) free to enjoy. Greg works Monday and a short day on Tuesday, then he is off for the remainder of the week. Eric, Megan, and Olivia are coming in during the night Sunday night, and will get to be at IHC until Thursday afternoon, so that is pretty exciting. We have school Monday (a field trip to some kind of a COSI-like place in Dayton), then we are off for the week.
I'll try to post some pics of the field trip. I have never been to this particular place, so if any of you have, please post and let me know what its about. I can't even remember what it's called!
Till next time...
5 comments:
I'm with you on not liking snakes. We have had a few around our house and on our street. Since we live in Florida they are all too common. Yuk, they make my skin crawl when one slithers across the road.Rod killed one about 3 ft. long a couple months ago that we think bit our cat. It was funny watching him beat the things head to death with the shovel, which he broke the handle off of from hitting it so hard.
Ohhh, I HATE snakes. I loved your "satan" comment! Its perfect.
I agree with you also about "Satain" I HATE SNAKES and you could not PAY me enough to put that in my garage. But I know what you mean boys need to be boys.......
You are such a good mother. Even though I don't want a feminine boy, I don't know if I could handle Michael bringing a snake around. He's still at the age where he's scared of things like that....oh I love this age.........! I guess we'll see you at IHC!!
Well, Stephanie, I am VERY proud of you for not making Greg kill the snake. If you only realized how much easier a snake would be to have as a pet than a dog!
For the next time the boys find a snake, garter snakes eat nightcrawlers (assuming it IS a garter snake). See, how easy is that? ;)
Post a Comment