Monday, April 16, 2007

"Pox" Update...

Thanks to each of you who have commented with consolation in regard to Kaitlynn's condition. I think it's funny how most women who have been moms for a few years love the idea of pox parties. I was wishing my kids could have gone to one earlier! Believe it or not, there are still parents who try to shield their kids from the inevitable, and believe me, it just prolongs the agony! Anyway, I figure Kaitlynn broke out last Wednesday(approximately 5 days ago), everyone has a different idea on when she was/is contagious, and I have just resigned myself to the fact that every kid gets the pox at some point and it's not really my fault if she passes along the virus...it's life and it happens! I'm glad someone is this house has finally gotten them, and hopefully the boys can get it over with within the next 30 days or so, also. They say the older the child, the worse the virus. I agree. If Kaitlynn would have had these before she really knew how to scratch, pick, or whine about treatment, the process would have been a little easier! So, you all just come on over anytime, bring sleeping bags, plenty of baking soda, Niagara spray starch, calamine lotion, and Popsicles, and we'll get this ball rolling!
I'll try to post a couple of pics of her breakout later this evening. She has a pretty good case, which means she should never have to worry about the pox again. By the way, her new nickname is "chix". :)

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Bless her heart...I hope that feels better soon. That is cute about the pox party! It's true though, the younger the better. I GOT THE CHICKEN POX... MY SENIOR YEAR IN COLLEGE!!! UGH! They were miserable!!! Have fun at IHC, and enjoy it for us too...we wish we could go!! =)

Love, Heather

The Dickinsons said...

You must have been signing my blog, while I was signing yours. I'm glad that you can at least go and enjoy the suite, but I hope that you can go and enjoy IHC too! Bless your heart! Those chicken pox have Perfect timing...huh? NOT!!!! =)

Love, Heather

Beth said...

Sound like you are having fun;-)

Angie D said...

Poor Stephanie! Most people just get a new outfit for IHC...