Today was the final day of school for this year at Pilgrim Christian. I have to say I'm pretty excited for summer to be here. Although it will be super busy, a change of routine is always welcome! Monday evening Kaitlynn and I attended the Women of Worth Mother Daughter Banquet in our school Commons. It was an excellent time, with one of my former co-workers, Tina Thomas (mother of five kids in five years - one set of twins) speaking, and one of my former GBS schoolmates, Regina Thomas, doing some incredible things with her violin. It was a night of many laughs, and made me know that I AM NOT ALONE in this crazy thing called "motherhood"! Tuesday night was our annual PCS Awards Program. The theme was "God Is Faithful Through The Seasons" and our banquet area was decorated to represent the four seasons. I'll have pics of the boys with their trophies as soon as the film is developed. Of course, Wednesday was Prayer Meeting at church, and now on Thursday Kaitlynn and I are enjoying some quiet time around the house. We enjoyed sitting out in the yard swing for awhile while Greg and the boys were at his softball game. Tomorrow night is Evan's kindergarten graduation (sniff, sniff) and we are excited about his achievement.
As a side note, the hotel we had at Liberty sported a half-dollar sized spot of blood on the top part of the bedspread. Looked like maybe someone had a nosebleed or something. Mom had me to call down to the desk and ask for fresh linens, which the lady promptly brought up. Mom and Dad made the bed, and we thought no more about it. When dad went to check out the next morning, the first shift lady at the front desk said, "Due to the trouble you had last night, we are discounting your room to $75." Dad's response, "Hallelujah!" I dare say we got the cheapest room in Lynchburg that night, and it was a comfy one at that!
4 comments:
If my husband reads this, he'll be bleeding on bedding every time we get a hotel... :)
So tempting, isn't it?!
So glad for the discounted hotel room, I thought you were going to say that they CHARGED you for that spot. Congrats to Evan who's graduating...It's a Happy/SAD time for we Mom's...for Sarah's graduating too.
I remember those days of pregnancy...not feeling like doing a thing, but sleeping...BUT go ahead and rest w/o guilt...you're building a baby!! =)
Love, Heather =)
Wow! I haven't seen Regina since I was pregnant with Brennan (9 years ago) and she was my maid of honor. Where does time go?
Sounds like you had fun!
Post a Comment